Windows 10: Screen flashes black for a split second every once in a while

Discus and support Screen flashes black for a split second every once in a while in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I built myself a new computer and it worked perfectly fine for a few weeks. Recently few days i have noticed that my screen flashes black for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Casper Samuelsson, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Screen flashes black for a split second every once in a while

Hi!

I built myself a new computer and it worked perfectly fine for a few weeks. Recently few days i have noticed that my screen flashes black for a split second. This happens pretty rarely. It happenes to both of my monitors but not at the same time.

I suspect that it's not a monitor issue because I've used these monitors for a long time with my old pc without issues.

Specs: Zotac 3070 twin edge oc. drivers: 461.40

Ryzen 5 5600x

16gb corsair ram

B550-a motherboard

Rm750x psu

Monitor: 24g2u

My old gpu was a 970 if that makes any difference.

Some information of when it occurs:

• It has never happened when I'm fullscreen in a game. But in all other scenarios it has happened.

The only changes I've done to my build in the last few days before the problem started occuring are:

• Using 2 psu cables to my gpu instead of 1

• Installed microsoft teams

If there are any questions, i will be active. Thanks in advance!

:)

Casper Samuelsson, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Chersee Win User

Display flashes black screen for a split second

I've recently built my computer and installed windows 10. After days of using it, black screens flashes for a split second when I'm watching videos, playing game etc. what is causing this problem?

Chersee, Feb 4, 2021
  3. my screen keeps flashing/blacking out every minute for a split second.

Original title: windows 10

I recently installed windows 10. my screen keeps flashing/blacking out every minute for a split second. when this happens, any folder that I have open will close. this only happens to folders and files that are open but does not affect the document that
    I am working with.

Reagan Lello, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Screen flashes black for a split second every once in a while

Screen flashes black for a second

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check as driver updates are also part of Windows updates.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also uninstall and reinstall Display drivers from manufacturer website and check. Refer the steps below.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device Manager

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Properties

• Go to Driver tab.

• Select Uninstall and follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer the link below and follow the suggestions suggested.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Do let us know if the screen flashes. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Screen flashes black for a split second every once in a while

1. Screen flashes black for a split second every once in a while - Similar Threads - Screen flashes black

2. Why is my screen flashing black for a few seconds every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my screen flashing black for a few seconds every 5 minutes: I’ve tried updating my driver and even disabling and reenabling it, I’ve tried hard resetting my pc pressing the button for 5 seconds. I’ve tried to roll back my driver, I’ve tried updating that and windows, I’ve verified game files in the app, I didnt really have this issue...
  3. Black screen every 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen every 3 seconds: The problem is my laptop screen windows 10 gets black every 3 seconds. I use windows S it shows Project. I manage using arrows and enter to get to PC monitor only and the screen is black again. I cannot even manage to shut it down. What are the shortcuts for display settings...
  4. Black screen every 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen every 3 seconds: The problem is my laptop screen windows 10 gets black every 3 seconds. I use windows S it shows Project. I manage using arrows and enter to get to PC monitor only and the screen is black again. I cannot even manage to shut it down. What are the shortcuts for display settings...
  5. While Playing Original Games, My Screen Flashes Black Around Every 3-5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While Playing Original Games, My Screen Flashes Black Around Every 3-5 Seconds: While Playing Original Games, My Screen Flashes Black Around Every 3-5 Seconds.It occurs over only one game for now CSGO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-playing-original-games-my-screen-flashes/e2daf1d2-552d-456b-a0df-ae8f51d49ddf
  6. While Playing Original Games, My Screen Flashes Black Around Every 3-5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While Playing Original Games, My Screen Flashes Black Around Every 3-5 Seconds: While Playing Original Games, My Screen Flashes Black Around Every 3-5 Seconds.It occurs over only one game for now CSGO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-playing-original-games-my-screen-flashes/e2daf1d2-552d-456b-a0df-ae8f51d49ddf
  7. Random flash on screen every few seconds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random flash on screen every few seconds: I can see a random flash of a window or some widget on my screen every few seconds. I want to find out the application that is doing it. Any ideas how I can find out? Thanks...
  8. Screens flashing off and on every 30 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screens flashing off and on every 30 seconds: My computer screens flash off every 30 seconds or so. It doesnt effect any application I have open or system windows such as control panel. It does however close windows explorer window when it flashes. When I look at the event viewer it is showing almost 600 events...
  9. My screen goes black and occasionally flashes for a split second whenever I play specific...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen goes black and occasionally flashes for a split second whenever I play specific...: Every once in a while games such as Minecraft will cause my screen to go black for a couple of seconds, but nothing big. Some games, such as Sea of Thieves, don't have this problem at all. However, when I play Streets of Rogue the screen goes black so long that I have to...
  10. Flashing black screen while gaming

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Flashing black screen while gaming: I have an amd rx 580. Ever since I installed the GPU a month ago I have had a flashing black screen while gaming or running benchmarks in any resolution above 1080p. I have tried everything and it seemed to have fixed itself until I had a silent windows update a few days ago....