Windows 10: Screen Flashes Black in Game When Changing Volume

Discus and support Screen Flashes Black in Game When Changing Volume in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So in any game that I play if I use my volume wheel on my keyboard the screen will flash black for one second when the volume bar appears on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JustinTidwell, May 12, 2020.

1. Screen Flashes Black in Game When Changing Volume

So in any game that I play if I use my volume wheel on my keyboard the screen will flash black for one second when the volume bar appears on the screen. When the volume bar fades away, the screen flashes black once again. This happens on any game that I play.

My drivers are up to date, as is my computer in general. I've gone through my settings and I can't find anything along the lines of "turn off windows overlay" or something.

Does anyone know of a solution for this? This wasn't a problem before, it just started a few weeks ago.

:)

JustinTidwell, May 12, 2020

2. Volume slider on my keyboard makes the screen flash black

Whenever I use my keyboard volume slider to change the volume up or down on the PC, it now flashes the screen black and lags a bit.

I was also trying to play CSGO earlier on Steam, and every once in a while, the black flashing screen would come up for 5-30 seconds and completely freeze the computer. It would make a sound loop like the game froze but it wasn't.

I just installed Windows 10, and I've encountered a bunch of issues with the things I do fine normally

RichardSarkisian, May 12, 2020
  3. my pc screen flashes black

my screen will randomly flash black when my screen buffers. For example if I'm playing a turn based game every time i go to the next turn the screen flashes and shows black bars. I've been looking and my drivers are up to date any suggestions on how to
    fix? Thanks!

pcmasterrace, May 12, 2020
  4. Screen Flashes Black in Game When Changing Volume

Black screen with flashing cursor

Hello Betsy,

A black screen can occur in a number of scenarios on Windows 10, it's possibly caused by the graphics driver, a connection problem between with your computer's display, during an update or installation, etc.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Screen Flashes Black in Game When Changing Volume

1. Screen Flashes Black in Game When Changing Volume - Similar Threads - Screen Flashes Black

2. When I play a game and change volume or any pop-up comes up the screen flashes black then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I play a game and change volume or any pop-up comes up the screen flashes black then...: Having a Problem with a few certain games where if I change volume or any pop-ups appear on screen, my screen flashes once then once again when the pop-up leaves. I'm using a windows 11 Lenovo Laptop and this hasn't happened before on Version 11 on anything else before so any...
  3. When I play a game and change volume or any pop-up comes up the screen flashes black then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I play a game and change volume or any pop-up comes up the screen flashes black then...: Having a Problem with a few certain games where if I change volume or any pop-ups appear on screen, my screen flashes once then once again when the pop-up leaves. I'm using a windows 11 Lenovo Laptop and this hasn't happened before on Version 11 on anything else before so any...
  4. Black Screen when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen when gaming: Whenever I am playing a full screen game my screen will flash black and take me to desktop, It happened to me twice today on overwatch does anyone know how to fix this? my computer has HDR so usually when I open a game it will flash black and I assume its to go into HDR. but...
  5. Black Screen when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen when gaming: Hello wonderful Windows community, I come to you after many attempts and failures of trying to fix this issue which has caused me a great deal of pain in the rear.My pc runs just fine under heavy load, but certain games makes my screen go black and turns the pc irresponsive,...
  6. Black Screen when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen when gaming: Hello wonderful Windows community, I come to you after many attempts and failures of trying to fix this issue which has caused me a great deal of pain in the rear.My pc runs just fine under heavy load, but certain games makes my screen go black and turns the pc irresponsive,...
  7. Screen flashes from game to black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flashes from game to black screen: I was going to launch a game and when I did that I accidentally launched an app which then caused my screen to flicker from game to black screen and it only does it on games. I have a Radeon RX 570 Series and I have already made sure it is up to date and I have already done...
  8. Screen flashes black when changing volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen flashes black when changing volume: Whenever I change the volume in any full screen game using the volume slider on my keyboard my screen will flash black till the media box goes away. submitted by /u/Black_Sunshin1e [link] [comments]...
  9. Screen black in Game When Changing Volume while OSD should be showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen black in Game When Changing Volume while OSD should be showing: Everything was fine until yesterdays Windows 10 update. Now when I'm in a game and adjust the volume the screen goes black for about 5 sec, this is the time when the volume OSD would display in the upper left side of the screen. I can use the window key to get back to desktop...
  10. Flashing black screen while gaming

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Flashing black screen while gaming: I have an amd rx 580. Ever since I installed the GPU a month ago I have had a flashing black screen while gaming or running benchmarks in any resolution above 1080p. I have tried everything and it seemed to have fixed itself until I had a silent windows update a few days ago....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changing volume blanks screen in game windows 10