Windows 10: Screen Flashes Blank upon sign in after cumulative update.

Discus and support Screen Flashes Blank upon sign in after cumulative update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I posted this question a month back in this Reddit post. The problem occuring is after this update till the sign in screen there are no problems but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/akshat1235, May 14, 2020.

1. Screen Flashes Blank upon sign in after cumulative update.

I posted this question a month back in this Reddit post. The problem occuring is after this update till the sign in screen there are no problems but upon reaching the desktop the screen starts flashing blank and a notification appears that nvidia control panel was not found.

I related this problem to nvidia's display driver clashing with windows update.

So I reset my PC and installed only windows provided display drivers which automatically installs nvidia control panel (previously had nvidia GeForce experience and used to update drivers regularly).

Now a month later I have landed back on the same problem, and neither a previous restore point is working nor rolling back updates is (I can access the recovery environment).

Is there an identified driver that's causing this problem, what should I do given I cannot access anything past the sign in screen.

Specs:-

Asus TUF FX505DT with Nvidia gtx 1650 and AMD Ryzen 3550H.

submitted by /u/akshat1235
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/akshat1235, May 14, 2020

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, May 14, 2020
  3. ChaimM Win User
    Screen blank after clicking "sign in"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

BTW its not this computer which is the Surface Pro4 set up by Best Buy Geek squad last week and working just fine.

All your suggestions are pure goobledygook to me.

As I said I have a blank screen rendering the computer unsuable - no taskbar, no "roll-back" possibility, no nothing.

Sorry but a trifle frustrated here with a problem which I have no idea how to even approach, never mind resolve.

And I really do not have the time for this either.

I am using my computer by clicking on "user", using the mouse to raise the picture then getting a blank screen.

I then do Alt Control Delete get the blue screen with the list including "task manager" clicking on that and somehow getting to a screen with "desktop" in the menu and then choosing a programme from the desktop list. All this remaining in a small window
    which I then enlarge.

Not why I updated to Windows 10!!!

BTW my Windows 7 was working just fine with no glitches or hassles.

THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM FOR ME!!!

HELP!!

ChaimM, May 14, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Screen Flashes Blank upon sign in after cumulative update.

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Screen Flashes Blank upon sign in after cumulative update.

1. Screen Flashes Blank upon sign in after cumulative update. - Similar Threads - Screen Flashes Blank

2. blank screen with pointer after signing in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    blank screen with pointer after signing in: i tried opening task manager to find windows explorer, i couldn’t find it. i then ran explorer.exe and the task bar and everything started flashing. i also got an error which said sihost unknown hard error. i have tried going into safe mode too. i installed my drivers last...
  3. Blank screen with flashing underscore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen with flashing underscore: Had this laptop since 2012. Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 back when it was free in 2016. My laptop sat with a dead battery for some time and recently I tried to start it and a message "Boot from AHCI CD-ROM:". I am not a techy guy so I followed some online advice and...
  4. Blank Cmd box flashing on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Cmd box flashing on screen: Tried everything I know - still flashing every min or so... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-cmd-box-flashing-on-screen/1a2c5e13-0272-4b51-b376-21e2dd4ecf6a
  5. Blank Screen after Signing In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Screen after Signing In: Hi I have 2 screens connected to my laptop, both screens have power and visuals prior to signing in. After I sign past the log on screen, 1 of my screens goes completely blank. It still has power but no curser visible. I have tried the plug, the connections, the...
  6. Blank screen after update.

Blank screen after update.: [IMG] Help! My computer will not even let me log in...I hit okay and now it is on a blank screen. Before this I could not access any files on my computer. What is going on? :(...
  7. I received a blank screen flashing after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I received a blank screen flashing after update: After the last update I got my PC screen flashing on and off. I find only the taskbar and blank screen, nothing else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-a-blank-screen-flashing-after-update/877a29fd-d64c-4a39-aa0d-3831b046f797
  8. task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on after update

task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on after update: My desktop just finished installing updated and on restart all in getting is the task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on . From reading some of the others having this same issue only a fresh install will rectify this mine was an upgrade so i have no product key . i...
  9. blank screens after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    blank screens after update.: after the last windows update i can no longer see some windows. the problem windows appears as a bank white canvas. This was happening with Visual studio but i was able to fix with making some aplication adjustments but it happens with general windows like the VSIX installer....
  10. PC halts on blank screen with flashing cursor, happened after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC halts on blank screen with flashing cursor, happened after update.: Hi there people! Hopefully someone can help me. We have received two systems both AMD units which recently (last 2-3 days) had completed updates then refused to start afterwards. I cannot roll back or do a system restore. I could refresh the system i guess, or reset. But i...