Windows 10: Screen Flashes Once during Boot.

Discus and support Screen Flashes Once during Boot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; its kinda hard to explain. but every time i reboot. there brightness changes for a while. ( few seconds then go back again ) as seen in the video. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bhelmouth, Jul 6, 2017.

1. bhelmouth Win User

Screen Flashes Once during Boot.

its kinda hard to explain. but every time i reboot. there brightness changes for a while. ( few seconds then go back again ) as seen in the video. the issue start when i try to format the notebook ( clean the drive ) then its stuck at 30%. after that i forced restart the notebook. that shows me a page from the bios that ask me there a request to delete everything or cancel. i choose cancel. then the notebook restart, and the issue started.

i installed new clean OS ( using usb stick ). and Newest VGA drive. the issue still persist. but when i switch to intel onboard vga ( using the control panel ) theres no issue.

anyone have any idea how to fix this ?

:)

bhelmouth, Jul 6, 2017
  2. slance310 Win User

unchecked everything in msconfig

Hi,

I don't have a lot of ideas here, but I'm guessing you are trying to boot with a Win 10 installation Flash Drive...

You may need to go into the boot options screen during post... F11, F12, or whatever your machine uses, and select the Flash Drive as the boot device...

With one of my machines I end up with the USB Flash Drive showing TWICE...

Once as a normal USB Flash, and the other as a "UEFI Flash"...

Which one works depends upon how the flash drive was created...

slance310, Jul 6, 2017
  3. My laptop always suddenly shuts down a few seconds i press the power button

After i press the power button, my asus laptop running windows 10 will flash the usual "asus" logo for a second then it will just shut down as if it had been shut down forcefully and manually (via long press of the power button). This by the way doesn't
    occur when restarting, only on boot after a shutdown.

I have to press the power button again to be able to successfully boot and startup. And during this boot, the screen will flash the OS selection screen (forgot the official name of this screen/menu) even though Windows 10 is the only OS installed. I managed
    to reduce the display time of this screen to 0 seconds.

Can I get rid of these two incidents once and for all so that i can just boot up my laptop the normal way?

4x4pizzadude, Jul 6, 2017
Thema:

Screen Flashes Once during Boot.

1. Screen Flashes Once during Boot. - Similar Threads - Screen Flashes Once

2. Terminal flashing on screen during startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal flashing on screen during startup: Whenever I start up my PC, the terminal app flashes on and off. Closing and opening around three different times.Is this a virus or a normal thing?...
  3. Terminal flashing on screen during startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminal flashing on screen during startup: Whenever I start up my PC, the terminal app flashes on and off. Closing and opening around three different times.Is this a virus or a normal thing?...
  4. Screen flickering or flashing during video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering or flashing during video: Hi thereMy windows version is windows 10 home21H2I do all the windows update and stop the transparent effect.However, I play a video or doing a meeting with my colleagues. My laptop keep flashing and turn transparentwhen there is more than one window.I tried re-install my...
  5. Screen flickering or flashing during video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering or flashing during video: Hi thereMy windows version is windows 10 home21H2I do all the windows update and stop the transparent effect.However, I play a video or doing a meeting with my colleagues. My laptop keep flashing and turn transparentwhen there is more than one window.I tried re-install my...
  6. Screen flickering or flashing during video

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Multiple CMD Boxes flash during booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple CMD Boxes flash during booting: Hello, I hope you can help me. Intermittently I have noticed what appear to be command boxes pop up and disappear when booting to an account on Window 10 1903. I am concerned that this might be malware but nothing has shown up on AntiMalware Bytes or Norton 360. This has been...
  8. Preview build will not update - screen flashes once.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preview build will not update - screen flashes once.: When trying to "check online for update from Microsoft updates" screen flashes blue for split second and close update screen. I am stuck on 18252 preview build and have not been able to receive any updates....
  9. Screen gets stuck flashing during OS boot, PC unusable

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen gets stuck flashing during OS boot, PC unusable: Video of problem: http://s1.webmshare.com/6MNZE.webm Searching about the issue online, it seems that this can be caused by norton or iCloud software, or two Microsoft background services that you have to disable in MSconfig to stop the screen flashing. I don't have norton...
  10. Flashing white screen on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing white screen on boot: This has happened to me a few times now but luckily I run Rollback Rx and can roll back to the last good snapshot. I usually get the white flashing screen on boot when I try to install new security software, the latest culprits being Bitdefender and Avira free antivirus,...