Windows 10: Screen flashing black while playing videos directly after latest windows update

Discus and support Screen flashing black while playing videos directly after latest windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I updated windows yesterday, took a while so I guess it hadn't updated in a while. Directly after, my monitor is randomly flashing black or turning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kaella-Samm, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Screen flashing black while playing videos directly after latest windows update

So I updated windows yesterday, took a while so I guess it hadn't updated in a while. Directly after, my monitor is randomly flashing black or turning completely black whenever I'm trying to watch any kind of videos on any website ( netflix, youtube, dailymotion, facebook.. ).

It's extremely annoying. It never does it unless there's videos involved.

Any way to fix this ?

:)

Kaella-Samm, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Screen flashes black when viewing a YouTube video

Hi Cody,

We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your screen concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the flashing black screen issue?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop? If you're using a laptop, does your screen flashes black when using the built-in monitor? If you're using a desktop, do you experience the issue when using other monitors?
    • Does the issue only occur when you play YouTube videos?
    • Are you experiencing the flashing black screen issue while watching YouTube videos in full screen mode or while in window mode?
    • Do you experience the same concern when playing YouTube videos using other web browsers?

The issue may be occurring because of an incompatible application or the display driver is outdated. While we wait for the answers to our questions, kindly follow the steps found in this
    link. The article will provide you the steps that can usually resolve screen flickering issue in Windows

We await for your response.

Argel Obm, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Video play green or black screen

Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you.

Ronald Tice, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Screen flashing black while playing videos directly after latest windows update

Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Screen flashing black while playing videos directly after latest windows update

1. Screen flashing black while playing videos directly after latest windows update - Similar Threads - Screen flashing black

2. Screen flashing/ Black screen after failed update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashing/ Black screen after failed update: Hello, I'm having issues with my laptop, I turned it on this morning and got a loading screen saying that there was a failed attempt to update, and that it would delete recent changes, it restarted by itself a few times and after the login screen the screen it would flash...
  3. Screen flashing/ Black screen after failed update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flashing/ Black screen after failed update: Hello, I'm having issues with my laptop, I turned it on this morning and got a loading screen saying that there was a failed attempt to update, and that it would delete recent changes, it restarted by itself a few times and after the login screen the screen it would flash...
  4. Black screen while playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen while playing: Hey!It's the second time I get a black screen with the sound freezing playing Gw2 in the last 6 months. Had to restart the computer both times using the power button as I couldn't do anything. I don't have this problem playing any other games so I'd like to know if the...
  5. Black screen while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while playing: Hey!It's the second time I get a black screen with the sound freezing playing Gw2 in the last 6 months. Had to restart the computer both times using the power button as I couldn't do anything. I don't have this problem playing any other games so I'd like to know if the...
  6. Black screen while playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black Screen After Latest Update: After installing the latest update not the most recent one, my HP laptop shut down and will not start again. All I get is a black screen. How can I restart Windows 10? Pat...
  8. Black Screen After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen After Latest Update: I started the update to my Win10 Pro last night. The screen said it will take a long time (my words), so I went to bed expecting the latest to be fully installed and ready to go this morning. However, I now have a black screen. Occasionally, I will see my mouse cursor, and...
  9. Flashing black screen while gaming

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Flashing black screen while gaming: I have an amd rx 580. Ever since I installed the GPU a month ago I have had a flashing black screen while gaming or running benchmarks in any resolution above 1080p. I have tried everything and it seemed to have fixed itself until I had a silent windows update a few days ago....
  10. Black screen after latest update

Black screen after latest update: After i install the latest update. It was fine but next time i open my pc i got black screen and a window pop up saying personalize setting not responding please help....