Windows 10: Screen flashing/flickering black after wakeup from sleep mode

Discus and support Screen flashing/flickering black after wakeup from sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have got a recent frustrating issue with my screen flashing/flickering black only after my laptop went in sleep mode closing the laptop for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nic64EU, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Nic64EU Win User

Screen flashing/flickering black after wakeup from sleep mode

Hello,

I have got a recent frustrating issue with my screen flashing/flickering black only after my laptop went in sleep mode closing the laptop for example. The problem get fixed if I restart windows. The issue happen also when the task manager is open. Could it be related to video driver? My laptop Razer come with two graphic cards:

IntelR UHD Graphics 630

Geforce RTX 2070

Iam on windows 10 20H2 19042.662 the most recent update

Thanks in advance for the help

:)

Nic64EU, Dec 10, 2020

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Screen flashing/flickering black after wakeup from sleep mode

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Screen flashing/flickering black after wakeup from sleep mode

1. Screen flashing/flickering black after wakeup from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Screen flashing flickering

2. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  3. Windows 11 black screen flickering after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 black screen flickering after waking from sleep mode: My specs:Windows 11RTX 3060Ryzen 5So I’ve been dealing with issue for a while now where when I wake my screen from sleep mode it randomly turns black for 1-2 seconds, and then it appears again. What should I do?...
  4. Windows 11 black screen flickering after waking from sleep mode

Windows 11 black screen flickering after waking from sleep mode: My specs:Windows 11RTX 3060Ryzen 5So I’ve been dealing with issue for a while now where when I wake my screen from sleep mode it randomly turns black for 1-2 seconds, and then it appears again. What should I do?...
  5. Screen flicker after sleep mode

Screen flicker after sleep mode: When my laptop goes into sleep mode and I go back to move around the cursor the screen starts flashing on and off. The work around that I'm using right now is just turning it off but the problem it's self hasn't fixedI have a HP laptop that is on windows 11.The problem...
  6. Screen flicker after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flicker after sleep mode: When my laptop goes into sleep mode and I go back to move around the cursor the screen starts flashing on and off. The work around that I'm using right now is just turning it off but the problem it's self hasn't fixedI have a HP laptop that is on windows 11.The problem...
  7. Black Screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after sleep mode: Hi, I need help course my screen stays black after boot but I hear a beep, if I plug in my power supply. I set my pc in screen of mode and sleep. After 15 min I came back and could do anything with it, so I rebooted it. After the reboot it stays at a black screen but I can...
  8. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after sleep mode: Hello. I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to shut down by...
  9. Black screen after wakeup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after wakeup: When I wake up the computer, the screen shows the log in screen for a second and then it turns black. I turn the screen off and then back on, and I the screen turns on for an instant and then it goes black again. I have to do this four times before the screen stays on. I...
  10. disable password after sleep mode wakeup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disable password after sleep mode wakeup: how do i disable password after sleep mode wakeup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/disable-password-after-sleep-mode-wakeup/bc4b76aa-28a7-46c2-85ed-eff375353f00"