Windows 10: Screen flicker from wall HDMI port for projector, works fine on direct

Discus and support Screen flicker from wall HDMI port for projector, works fine on direct in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 laptop. It has Core i7 8th Gen 8750H Processor. 16GB RAM/1TB HDD/Windows 10/NVIDIA GeForce GTX Graphics 1050 Ti 4 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by archz2, Oct 6, 2019.

1. archz2 Win User

Screen flicker from wall HDMI port for projector, works fine on direct

I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 laptop. It has Core i7 8th Gen 8750H Processor. 16GB RAM/1TB HDD/Windows 10/NVIDIA GeForce GTX Graphics 1050 Ti 4 GB GDDR5, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 250GB as the main C partition.I am running Windows 10 - 64 bit, version 1903. It is up to date, all my intel drivers and Nvidia drivers are up to date. At my workplace, if I connect my laptop to the wall mounted HDMI port for the projector, the screen continuously flickers at an interval of 2 seconds, like on for 2 seconds then off for 2 seconds. This happens if I duplicate my display. If I choose extend, the problem goes away, and also when I choose 'second screen only'. My workplace has 4 halls each with one projector mounted from the ceiling. Every hall has wall HDMI port too. This wall port is connected to a conduit inside the wall that goes all the way up to the ceiling, then comes back to the projector.

However, if I connect the HDMI cable directly to the projector, screen duplicate works fine. All types of projection modes work fine this way. I have tried this with multiple HDMI cables in all the halls, but the situation remains exactly the same. The wall HDMI port works fine for others' laptops at workplace which are quite an old model of HP with a 4th or 5th generation i3 processor without any graphic card, i.e. they use intel onboard graphics.This issue has remained since day 1 of this laptop. I have DELL 22.5 inch LED monitor at home which I often connect to my laptop. Here, all the screen duplication modes work absolutely fine, be it 'duplicate', 'extend' or 'second screen only'. I have also connected my laptop to my 32 inch LED TV via an HDMI cable. There as well, all the screen duplication modes work totally fine. What seems to be the issue? And how to solve it?

:)

archz2, Oct 6, 2019

2. Projector is flickering.

I have my computer hooked up to 3 projectors (not the same brand) and 1 monitor. 1 of the projectors is flickering, the other 2 (which are on the same line) are fine. They are getting their feed from the HDMI port. Any suggestions?

DavidGassman1, Oct 6, 2019
  3. How to direct output to the HDMI (projector)

Just trying to show a movie via the HDMI port to a projector on a Dell Inspiron 5570

GreysonMorrow, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Screen flicker from wall HDMI port for projector, works fine on direct

Force Display Output via HDMI Port

Windows 10 Question: The goal is to display two screens (same video screen) from the computer to two projectors for a presentation using Power Point Slides. Attaching to one projector works fine, but when I attach a HDMI splitter to hook up the second
    projector, the computer no longer detects the display and will use the HDMI port as an output.

Thus, can you force a video output from the HDMI port using Windows 10.

MS KY User, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Screen flicker from wall HDMI port for projector, works fine on direct

1. Screen flicker from wall HDMI port for projector, works fine on direct - Similar Threads - Screen flicker wall

2. Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 laptop with a HDMI port. When I try to connect an Epson projector e.g. EB-X9 with VGA input with a HDMI-VGA adaptor, the projector screen says "Not supported" and my laptop display goes on and off with an alarm sound. I have already tried changing...
  3. Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 laptop with a HDMI port. When I try to connect an Epson projector e.g. EB-X9 with VGA input with a HDMI-VGA adaptor, the projector screen says "Not supported" and my laptop display goes on and off with an alarm sound. I have already tried changing...
  4. HDMI ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI ports not working: so, i have 2 HDMI ports, and only one of them works. However, it seems that it switches? so that means that one day, port number 1 is the port that is working, and when i unplug my screen and plug it back in, its port number 2 thats working. well, it only happens if i unplug...
  5. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have Windows 10. When I try and connect to my TV using an HDMI cable, nothing comes up on the TV. I have checked the cable with my other laptop and it works just fine. How do I check and update/install HDMI drivers on my laptop?...
  6. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have an HP Elitebook running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 I have been installing the system updates and now my HDMI port isn't working and I cannot connect an external monitor. I have followed a few posts and have gone and re-installed my Intel display...
  7. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hey, I recently bought a monitor. but the problem is that the HDMI is not working, the cable is probably fine and everything is plugged in like it should but it doesn't detect my monitor. can anyone help me please?...
  8. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hi there, I installed an update this morning and now my HDMI port doesn't appear to be working. I've used the VGA connection to the monitor so it's not the monitor, but I can't eliminate that it's not the HDMI cord, but I doubt it is. Can you please advise how I reverse the...
  9. HDMI does not work with projector

HDMI does not work with projector: I recently did a factory reset on my windows 10 laptop and now cannot use my projector with the HDMI cable. I assume it is a software update issue but can't find the HDMI driver to update it, can someone direct me to this driver?...
  10. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Hi, I recently unplugged my HDMI cable from my gpu (980ti), once I plugged it back in, the monitor didn't detect any signal. My computer can't find any other monitor, only my main display. Already tried to switch between HDMI cable but still nothing. the HDMI port itself...