Windows 10: Screen Flicker on Surface Pro 5

Discus and support Screen Flicker on Surface Pro 5 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So out of the blue the screen started to flicker on my Surface. I know this is a known issue for the 4 but not for the 5. I love using my surface so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by barbarianpenguin, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Screen Flicker on Surface Pro 5

So out of the blue the screen started to flicker on my Surface. I know this is a known issue for the 4 but not for the 5. I love using my surface so I've been trying everything to try and fix it. But i've run out of ideas. Here is what i've done:

- talked to the windows store for help they told me it was hardware and I had to replace it

- got the device to boot to Linux, with no screen flicker, proving it was a software issue

- deleted the drive and reinstalled windows 10 pro Did it twice, once with updates and one without

- made sure it couldn't go to sleep

I'm not sure what else I can do. Any ideas before I wipe it and go to Ubuntu?

:)

barbarianpenguin, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...screen-flicker

Brink, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...screen-flicker

Brink, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Screen Flicker on Surface Pro 5

Surface Pro 4 - Half of my screen Flickers / Shakes

Maybe caused by hardware

It looks like a that your gpu (intel hd graphics) is going to conk out! If this is the case, then its a hardware problem and the microsoft support or any other technical workshop would be the last hope for your surface.

I had the a similar problem with my notebook. It was a hardware issue and the only thing that I could do was it to send to the manufacturer support. He told me the same as I told above, and it was true.

Or is it just a bug?

Below are maybe some interesting article:

After a small google search folling possibilities to troubleshoot this issue:

• One article above say that this issue is caused by when the Hyper-V role got installed. They say a deinstallation of Hyper-V from your Surface shoud fix this problem.
    • In other article I read that this issue is caused after a bad update of the intel hd graphics drives. Get the old driver version back or what until microsfot fix this bug!

Stackcraft_noob, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Screen Flicker on Surface Pro 5

1. Screen Flicker on Surface Pro 5 - Similar Threads - Screen Flicker Surface

2. Surface Pro screen flickers - window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro screen flickers - window 10: why would Microsoft not fix this known problem in one of the frequent updates we get. why would Microsoft think that everyone is a developer or a coder? so frustrating. I am so tired of dumping their problems on users. grow up Microsoft, its time....
  3. Surface Pro screen flickers - window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro screen flickers - window 10: why would Microsoft not fix this known problem in one of the frequent updates we get. why would Microsoft think that everyone is a developer or a coder? so frustrating. I am so tired of dumping their problems on users. grow up Microsoft, its time....
  4. Surface Pro screen flickers - window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  6. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  7. Surface Pro 4 screen flickering and blurry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 screen flickering and blurry: Today my surface screen started flickering and shaking it and down, and was double vision. I tried updating windows, display adapter and restarting but it didnt fix it....
  8. Surface PRO 4 Screen Flicker

Surface PRO 4 Screen Flicker: Hello ISSUE # 1 I need some help regarding the screen flickering issue on Surface Pro 4. Since last week it's been happend that after using Skype Vedio call for 3-4 hrs on my Surface, the screen started to get shaky/flicker. When the call ended the screen stop to flickker...
  9. Surface Pro 4 screen flicker

Surface Pro 4 screen flicker: Hi, My surface pro 4 screen seems to flicker very badly when the surface is heated. Is there a way to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/surface-pro-4-screen-flicker/ae06ccda-4e7d-4249-9554-09ada6f80c7f
  10. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 screen flicker

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 screen flicker: Hi There, I currently have a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 connected to one of these docks: [img] When connected to a dual screen setup the screen flickers bad and it is very annoying to work with. Once I unplug the dock and plug one monitor straight into the surface...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 5 screen flicker

2. surface pro 5 flickering screen

3. surface pro 5 screen flicker ghosting

4. surface pro 5 screeen flickering,
  5. flickering surface pro5,
  6. does the surface pro 5 screen flicker when heated