Windows 10: Screen Flicker some time after April 2019 update

Discus and support Screen Flicker some time after April 2019 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been experiencing some pretty terrible screen flickering after an update sometime around April 2019. I'm using a Dell laptop with the AMD A10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BusinessGoose, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Screen Flicker some time after April 2019 update

I have been experiencing some pretty terrible screen flickering after an update sometime around April 2019.

I'm using a Dell laptop with the AMD A10 integrated graphics for reference.

It was occurring pretty much any time I used the start menu, but after disabling all of the optional animations it eventually stopped, and now it really only happens very seldom during normal usage, but there are a couple video games that I used to be able to play that no longer work.

I've tried updating, reinstalling, and rolling back like every single driver. It seems like when I start in safe mode it'll work more consistently, but obviously with much more lag. I've been trying to figure this out for a couple months now and I'm just lost at this point. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

BusinessGoose, Jun 4, 2019

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Drone, Jun 4, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

Screen Flicker some time after April 2019 update

Screen Flickering

Return that card for something else. I've heard of many issues with Asus Direct Cu 7970's. You could try finding a different monitor to see if your monitor is the problem, but I doubt it.

**I though you tried differnet cables. Buy a new cable and try it. Get a Dual Link DVI cable.

Here's a list.

1. Uninstall and reinstall video drivers.

2. Replace cable

3. Try different monitor

4. Try different video card

5. Replace video card.

If you can do any of the steps above, just skip to step #5.

erocker, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Screen Flicker some time after April 2019 update

1. Screen Flicker some time after April 2019 update - Similar Threads - Screen Flicker April

2. Screen Flickering after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen Flickering after updates: My computer was perfectly fine until I updated it recently15th march and from then onwards my screen flickers occasionally I believe the following update is responsible for this and also I have tried resetting my display adapter in device manager which did not change anything...
  3. screen flicker after windows 10 update september 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen flicker after windows 10 update september 2019: Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591E&SUBSYS_077A1028&REV_02\3&11583659&0&10 requires further installation. This is the message under my device manager details under Events. I tried a driver update, but It says the device is working properly, and the best driver is already...
  4. Windows Update April 2019

Windows Update April 2019: Hello, My laptop started updating, which stalled at a certain point. I don't know what the percentage was, because the screen turned black. When I rebooted, the screen turned black again after showing the Asus logo. After several times trying to reboot my device, I tried...
  5. Windows 10 Update April 2019

Windows 10 Update April 2019: I installed the update on my Dell Inspiron April 11th. When I turned on my laptop after installing the update, my laptop ran just fine for about twenty minutes. Then, it shut off and has been completely unresponsive since. I cannot get it to power on, nor does a light come on...
  6. Microsoft April 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft April 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes April 2019 Security Updates Release Date: April 09, 2019 The April security release consists of security updates for the following software: Adobe Flash Player Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services...
  7. Microsoft April 2019 Security Updates

Microsoft April 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes April 2019 Security Updates Release Date: April 09, 2019 The April security release consists of security updates for the following software: Adobe Flash Player Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services...
  8. Blu-Ray not working after Windows Update April 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blu-Ray not working after Windows Update April 2019: I was burning a Blu-Ray DVD on a LGH WH16NS40 internal drive when a (huge) MS update started yesterday (4-5-2019). The disk was no good. After the MS update completed, File Explorer will only recognize the BD-RE drive as a standard DVD drive when I load a standard DVD....
  9. April 2019 Driver Update ... Was it released on April 1, 2019 to some users?

April 2019 Driver Update ... Was it released on April 1, 2019 to some users?: Was this update to be done on April 1, 2019. I received updates and was not sure if this was a correct update or not. It updated many drivers. Thanks...
  10. Black screen after April Update

Black screen after April Update: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor, I have updated the drivers, a Toshiba HDD, and Windows Update Assistant says my laptop is compatible with the update. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few seconds...