Windows 10: screen flickering after Hyper V was enabled

Discus and support screen flickering after Hyper V was enabled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; See the below video for the issue:https://drive.google.com/file/d/18oM2WPfEYyUuyyk7aUlKrmO16mxHOOmk/view?usp=sharingAround a month back, I installed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lalnitt, Oct 1, 2021.

1. lalnitt Win User

screen flickering after Hyper V was enabled

See the below video for the issue:https://drive.google.com/file/d/18oM2WPfEYyUuyyk7aUlKrmO16mxHOOmk/view?usp=sharingAround a month back, I installed a software called Docker on my system which uses Hyper VI dont have virtualization in my CPU. Around that time this screen flickering problem started. After realizing this, today, I uninstalled Docker, along with WSL2, updated both my intel and nvidia display drivers. But the problem still persists.I had noticed that, before uninstalling Docker, sometimes restarting the Docker app, stopped the flickering.I am at my wits end with this issue. plea

:)

lalnitt, Oct 1, 2021

2. Screen flickers at startup after eabling Hyper-V

Hi all,

I bought a new HP pavilion i7 pc and upgraded from windows home to windows pro.

When I enable Hyper-V, the screen flickers at startup only and I have to power off then power on then PC works with no issues.

This happens daily when I power on the device for the first time in the morning. I am sure it's related to Hyper-V because when I disable it, this stops happening.

Any suggestion what might be wrong as I need to use Hyper-V to work on Xamarin.

MonaAli602, Oct 1, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can't Enable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Professional

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. As per my research the error code 0x800f0831 is generated when .Net Framework 3.5 is not enabled on the computer. I suggest you to try enabling .Net Framework 3.5 on the computer. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now, select the check box for .Net Framework 3.5 and click on
      OK.
    5. Restart the computer.

You can also check if Virtualization feature is enabled in BIOS or not, if it is not enabled, I suggest you to enable it.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps performed by Jins Peter replied on August 13, 2019 in the thread

Hyper-V on Windows Pro wont install
    and see if that helps.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 10

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hyper-V to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 1, 2021
  4. 'Mike P Win User

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Oct 1, 2021
Thema:

1. screen flickering after Hyper V was enabled - Similar Threads - screen flickering Hyper

2. Constant Blue Screens after enabling WSL2/Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Blue Screens after enabling WSL2/Hyper-V: Hello,I have been trying to setup WSL2/Hyper-V on my windows 11 build 25236 for quite some time now. There is no crash with WSL1 but whenever I enable virtual machine platform I get constant Blue Screens with Stop Code: SYNTHETIC WATCHDOG TIMEOUTHere is my minidump in...
  3. Constant Blue Screens after enabling WSL2/Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant Blue Screens after enabling WSL2/Hyper-V: Hello,I have been trying to setup WSL2/Hyper-V on my windows 11 build 25236 for quite some time now. There is no crash with WSL1 but whenever I enable virtual machine platform I get constant Blue Screens with Stop Code: SYNTHETIC WATCHDOG TIMEOUTHere is my minidump in...
  4. Hyper-V Cant be enabled!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Cant be enabled!: Hey Guys, I really hope that this can be fixed for me.First my Specs: I got Windows 11 48G Ram RTX 3060 MSI Tomahawk Motherboard AMD Ryzen 9 5900 CPUNow, I am trying to enable Hyper V to use Windows Sandbox. When I try to start Sandbox, it says "Initialisation of Sandbox...
  5. Hyper-V Cant be enabled!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Cant be enabled!: Hey Guys, I really hope that this can be fixed for me.First my Specs: I got Windows 11 48G Ram RTX 3060 MSI Tomahawk Motherboard AMD Ryzen 9 5900 CPUNow, I am trying to enable Hyper V to use Windows Sandbox. When I try to start Sandbox, it says "Initialisation of Sandbox...
  6. enabling hyper-v after disabling it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    enabling hyper-v after disabling it.: Hi. I play cs:go and wanted to use a third party client (FACEIT) which told me to deactivate hyper-v in order to use their anticheat. I used this command bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off And now I cant get it to work. When I open the command line it tells me to...
  7. Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled: Dear All, I have been facing issues with the laptop with constant crashes. Earlier I thought the issue was with a faulty driver for Intel Management Engine 15.0 Software for Windows 10 Version 1709 or Later - ThinkPad T490s, X390 and tried many ways to update it but it...
  8. Screen flickers at startup after eabling Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickers at startup after eabling Hyper-V: Hi all, I bought a new HP pavilion i7 pc and upgraded from windows home to windows pro. When I enable Hyper-V, the screen flickers at startup only and I have to power off then power on then PC works with no issues. This happens daily when I power on the device for the...
  9. Trouble enabling Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Trouble enabling Hyper-V: I have Virtualization Technology enabled in my bios, Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled in Turn Windows features on and off, and when I type Hyper-V Manager in Windows Search the best match is Hyper-V Manager web results, so I went into Services and every Hyper-V related...
  10. Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?: I know yu can alter the hyper-v configuration files so it starts in full screen mode, but if you minimise a session to the taskbar, and maximise again, it always reverts to windows mode rather than full screen mode, and you have to manually set to fullscreen again Anybody...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v windows 10 causing screen flickering