Windows 10: Screen Flickering and can't Click or see any applications

Discus and support Screen Flickering and can't Click or see any applications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My friend has an older computer, but it runs windows 10. His power went out mid-update and now his screen flickers on and off black, with about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adam2101, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Adam2101 Win User

Screen Flickering and can't Click or see any applications

My friend has an older computer, but it runs windows 10. His power went out mid-update and now his screen flickers on and off black, with about a 1-second interval. When he can see his screen, his apps don't appear half the time and when they do, he can't click them. We have been trying to fix it for about 2-3 days now. We've tried factory resetting by just removing the files and completely wiping them. He can open the task manager, but not the Win+R Screen. When he does open the task manager, everything turns black in the interval but not the task manager. He can click in the task manager but

:)

Adam2101, Jan 29, 2022

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jan 30, 2022
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jan 30, 2022
  4. Screen Flickering and can't Click or see any applications

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 30, 2022
Thema:

Screen Flickering and can't Click or see any applications

1. Screen Flickering and can't Click or see any applications - Similar Threads - Screen Flickering can't

2. application flickering on mouse click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    application flickering on mouse click: I've had this issue for a while but i got really fed up with it lately. Every game in focus quickly looses focus and regains it on left mouse click. Not always but very frequently. If I'm fast enough, i can even click on my desktop, causing the game to minimize. I've found a...
  3. application flickering on mouse click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    application flickering on mouse click: I've had this issue for a while but i got really fed up with it lately. Every game in focus quickly looses focus and regains it on left mouse click. Not always but very frequently. If I'm fast enough, i can even click on my desktop, causing the game to minimize. I've found a...
  4. application flickering on mouse click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    application flickering on mouse click: Greetings People!I've had this issue for a while but i got really fed up with it lately. Every game in focus quickly looses focus and regains it on left mouse click. Not always but very frequently. If I'm fast enough, i can even click on my desktop, causing the game to...
  5. application flickering on mouse click

application flickering on mouse click: Greetings People!I've had this issue for a while but i got really fed up with it lately. Every game in focus quickly looses focus and regains it on left mouse click. Not always but very frequently. If I'm fast enough, i can even click on my desktop, causing the game to...
  6. Application flickering on mouse click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application flickering on mouse click: Greetings People!I've had this issue for a while but i got really fed up with it lately. Every game in focus quickly looses focus and regains it on left mouse click. Not always but very frequently. If I'm fast enough, i can even click on my desktop, causing the game to...
  7. Application flickering on mouse click

Application flickering on mouse click: Greetings People!I've had this issue for a while but i got really fed up with it lately. Every game in focus quickly looses focus and regains it on left mouse click. Not always but very frequently. If I'm fast enough, i can even click on my desktop, causing the game to...
  8. Screen Flickering and can't Click or see any applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering and can't Click or see any applications: My friend has an older computer, but it runs windows 10. His power went out mid-update and now his screen flickers on and off black, with about a 1-second interval. When he can see his screen, his apps don't appear half the time and when they do, he can't click them. We have...
  9. Screen Flickering and can't Click or see any applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering and can't Click or see any applications: My friend has an older computer, but it runs windows 10. His power went out mid-update and now his screen flickers on and off black, with about a 1-second interval. When he can see his screen, his apps don't appear half the time and when they do, he can't click them. We have...
  10. I can't seem to click on any applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't seem to click on any applications: Recently I've been getting this issue where after I boot up my PC any actions I take such as opening and closing applications take multiple clicks to register, auto-scroll automatically turns on, and several other issues. Eventually, it gets so bad that I am unable to click...