Windows 10: Screen Flickering & Blinking issue

Discus and support Screen Flickering & Blinking issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Few months ago i tried to install Linux (Ubuntu) in my HP Notebook. After installing, the screen starts flickering & blinking. Couldn't solve it. So i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mahabub Fahad, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Screen Flickering & Blinking issue

Few months ago i tried to install Linux (Ubuntu) in my HP Notebook. After installing, the screen starts flickering & blinking. Couldn't solve it. So i get back to windows but facing the same issue here in windows also. I have two graphics card. One is Intel HD graphics 620 & the other one is AMD Radeon(TM) R5 M330. When i disable my intel graphics driver or install microsoft display basic adapter & restart my laptop the screen just works fine. No flickering & blinking issue. I tried to setup dual monitor with enabling my intel graphics driver. My external monitor works fine when my laptops screen is flickering & blinking at the same time. Here's what I've done to solve this:

1) updates my BIOS

2) clean installation of windows several times

3) updated my intel graphics driver with windows update

4) updated my intel graphics driver using device manager. Device manager -> Intel graphics driver -> update driver -> search automatically for update driver software.

5) Updated my intel graphics driver manually by downloading drivers from my manufacturer's webpage by putting my notebooks serial number.

6) Tried old drivers from manufacturer's website.

7) Tried most of the intel 620 drivers from intel's website.

8) tried to solve it by changing refresh rate & display resolution

What else could be done to solve this issue? Can i use my AMD Radeon graphics card for my display or as my display adapter instead of intel 620? Is it possible to permanently disable intel graphics card? If not then can i use microsoft basic display adapter in linux instead of my intel graphics driver? I just want my screen without flickering & blinking issue.

:)

Mahabub Fahad, Dec 25, 2018
  2. barndoor Win User

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Screen Flickering & Blinking issue

Windows 10 Blinking Screen From Startup (NOT THE NORMAL ISSUE)

Hi James,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with blinking/ flickering screen while booting the system to desktop. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the screen flashes?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted display drivers, try the below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article by Andre Da Costa and check if you are able to access after log-in.

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

Refer to the section: Blinking or Flashing desktop after log in

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status with flickering screen for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Screen Flickering & Blinking issue

1. Screen Flickering & Blinking issue - Similar Threads - Screen Flickering Blinking

2. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering/Blinking issue: Hello,Screen Flickering issue with graphics drivers.First I have disable Intel graphics card after pc restart the issue remains same.Second I have enabled Intel graphics card and disabled nvidia graphics card after pc restart there is no flickering or blinking issue.Here what...
  3. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering/Blinking issue: Hello,Screen Flickering issue with graphics drivers.First I have disable Intel graphics card after pc restart the issue remains same.Second I have enabled Intel graphics card and disabled nvidia graphics card after pc restart there is no flickering or blinking issue.Here what...
  4. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen flickering/blinking issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering/blinking issue: I'm using Hp-15da1006ne with windows 10 Home version.Screen gets flickered/blink state immediate after windows start.After normal using sometimes it blinks and stops again and again which is very annoying.I have tried deleting the two graphics devics Intel and nvidia but even...
  6. Screen flickering/blinking issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering/blinking issue: I'm using Hp-15da1006ne with windows 10 Home version.Screen gets flickered/blink state immediate after windows start.After normal using sometimes it blinks and stops again and again which is very annoying.I have tried deleting the two graphics devics Intel and nvidia but even...
  7. Screen flickering/blinking issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Screen flicker/blink when background change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen flicker/blink when background change.: Something weird start to happen on my pc, every time my sideshow background change, my browser flicker / blink, Video https://streamable.com/c896i (last clip slowmo) GIF- https://i.imgur.com/rsFe1T7.gifv Any solutions ? I7 6900K GTX 1060 16Gb Ram. Driver Up to date....
  9. flickering and blinking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flickering and blinking: my screen flickers and blinks for a while when I go to a new site. Does this indicate the presence of a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flickering-and-blinking/6284db35-060d-442f-b0af-a97818fca5ba
  10. Flickering and blinking laptop screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Flickering and blinking laptop screen: I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not...