Windows 10: Screen flickering, can't do anything

Discus and support Screen flickering, can't do anything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A couple of days ago my laptop screen suddenly started flickering - it's not only a visual issue since it's impossible to do anything on the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DingDangTY, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Screen flickering, can't do anything

A couple of days ago my laptop screen suddenly started flickering - it's not only a visual issue since it's impossible to do anything on the computer either. When I start Task Manager, it is flickering as well. A quick google search tells me that this most likely means that it's an issue with the display drivers. However, I have tried to update these but to no luck.

A complete reinstall of windows 10 solved the issue temporarily - I was able to use the computer as usual for a couple of hours, but then the screen suddenly started flickering again.

Anyone have any ideas about what to do next?

:)

DingDangTY, Jun 3, 2020

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Screen flickering, can't do anything

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Screen flickering, can't do anything

1. Screen flickering, can't do anything - Similar Threads - Screen flickering can't

2. Cortana can't do anything

in Cortana
    Cortana can't do anything: After I reinstalled my Windows, my Cortana couldn't do anything, even set an alarm. All it can do is reply "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this one".What can I do?...
  3. Cortana can't do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana can't do anything: After I reinstalled my Windows, my Cortana couldn't do anything, even set an alarm. All it can do is reply "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this one".What can I do?...
  4. display flickering on Dell all in one (can't do anything)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display flickering on Dell all in one (can't do anything): I'm looking at a friends computer for him because the screen (Windows) is flickering. The display passed the video test, I tried to access advanced startup options but he forgot the admin password. I was thinking it may be a bad video driver but I'm unable to do anything....
  5. Can't do anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't do anything: I can't open any program. I can't open Powershell. Can't search anything in the start menu Settings not working. It's been 2 hours and I can't fuckin do anything on my Computer. If any of you have a solution please tell me, I am having a really hard time. submitted by...
  6. Blue Screen of Death and can't do anything about it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death and can't do anything about it: After installing a windows 10 update today, my computer began crashing every time I tried to play a game. After multiple attempts to try to fix this, I ran a system restore to try and go back to before I installed the updates. This went on for 3 hours before I canceled it and...
  7. Can't do anything with the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't do anything with the lock screen: Somehow I "broke" the Windows Setup process and now it's not giving me any lock screens Win + L, Start > account menu, Ctrl + Alt + Del, Group Policy,... all didn't help. And when I go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > "Change what power buttons do" on...
  8. Windows 10 keeps flickering at login screen, can't click or press anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps flickering at login screen, can't click or press anything: Every time I've tried booting up my PC, the login screen keeps flickering. I guess it's due to my display drivers being outdated, but I can't even click anything on the screen. I've tried turning off my PC, turning it on again and pressing F8 to boot into safe mode. However,...
  9. Black screen can't do anything!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen can't do anything!: Hi guys, I'm desperate... My computer all of the sudden started to go into the black screen with the cursor after doing the normal login user/password procedure. This didn't happen after a download of a new version of windows update, I just turned it on one day and it stayed...
  10. Can't do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't do anything: There was an update from windows that wasn't installing and keeps on failling. Yesterday, I while I tried one more time to install the update. I opened HP support to check for any HP related update. While search, a command promt programme opened and started giving out lines...