Windows 10: Screen flickering, can't do anything

Discus and support Screen flickering, can't do anything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A couple of days ago my laptop screen suddenly started flickering - it's not only a visual issue since it's impossible to do anything on the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DingDangTY, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Screen flickering, can't do anything

A couple of days ago my laptop screen suddenly started flickering - it's not only a visual issue since it's impossible to do anything on the computer either. When I start Task Manager, it is flickering as well. A quick google search tells me that this most likely means that it's an issue with the display drivers. However, I have tried to update these but to no luck.

A complete reinstall of windows 10 solved the issue temporarily - I was able to use the computer as usual for a couple of hours, but then the screen suddenly started flickering again.

Anyone have any ideas about what to do next?

:)

DingDangTY, Jun 3, 2020

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Screen flickering, can't do anything

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Screen flickering, can't do anything

1. Screen flickering, can't do anything - Similar Threads - Screen flickering can't

2. Windows 10 keeps flickering at login screen, can't click or press anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps flickering at login screen, can't click or press anything: Every time I've tried booting up my PC, the login screen keeps flickering. I guess it's due to my display drivers being outdated, but I can't even click anything on the screen. I've tried turning off my PC, turning it on again and pressing F8 to boot into safe mode. However,...
  3. Black screen can't do anything!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen can't do anything!: Hi guys, I'm desperate... My computer all of the sudden started to go into the black screen with the cursor after doing the normal login user/password procedure. This didn't happen after a download of a new version of windows update, I just turned it on one day and it stayed...
  4. My PC screen turns black and can't do anything?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My PC screen turns black and can't do anything?: When I play a game like CS-GO, I get a still image and then the screen goes black. The PC is still running, but can't do anything. CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 GPU: AMD RX 570 Mein PC Bildschirm wird schwarz und kann nichts mehr machen?
  5. Black Screen randomly appears and i can't do anything.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen randomly appears and i can't do anything.: Everyonce and awhile a black screen interupts me, i can still hear everything, and if im screen sharing they can still see my screen perfectly fine. It fixes it if I restart, but everyonce and awhile it happens again and its really annoying!...
  6. I can't do anything

I can't do anything: I have downloaded the latest update few days ago, and today i suddenly my laptop restarted showing stopcode critical process died with loophole restarting When i even went in winRe and did all the possible things i was not able to do anything. Also i am not able to uninstall...
  7. I can't do anything.

I can't do anything.: So i just got a new pc like 3 hours ago and had the windows installed and everything. Suddenly, i am unable to open any applications. I can't open internet explorer or anything. I tried to google how to fix this problem when you can't open any applications but these solutions...
  8. I can't do anything

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't do anything: I don't have a active windows key I bought it from cyberpower and they gave a key with it but it never worked so now there is just a activate windows in the bottom right corner and on top of that I don't have admin powers I am for some reason on a guest account It happened...
  9. Can't do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't do anything: There was an update from windows that wasn't installing and keeps on failling. Yesterday, I while I tried one more time to install the update. I opened HP support to check for any HP related update. While search, a command promt programme opened and started giving out lines...
  10. I can't do ANYTHING

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't do ANYTHING: I logged on my laptop this morning and when I'm logged in I try to open up google chrome or spotify, but nothing works! I looked deeper into this and I tried fixing it but it didn't work. It's been around 2-3 days that I've been having this issue and I'd lile for someone...