Windows 10: Screen Flickering During Gaming

Discus and support Screen Flickering During Gaming in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've experienced cxonstant screen flickering during gaming. I can only really describe it as a weird fluctuation of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bungeeman, Jan 12, 2016.

1. bungeeman Win User

Screen Flickering During Gaming

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've experienced cxonstant screen flickering during gaming. I can only really describe it as a weird fluctuation of brightness, in horizontal lines, up and down my monitor. On Counter Strike it seems to have been somewhat solved through V-Sync but I'm trying to play other games and it is making them completely unplayable.

I have turned V-Sync on through the Nvidia Control Panel and it has done nothing. I've tried running games at various different graphical settings and it has not helped. I have also tried running my monitor and PC from different power sockets just in case the PSU is somehow interfering and it has done nothing.

I have also experimented with running my monitor at different hz but I only have the option to run at 60hz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Relevant specs are as follows:

Intel i5 CPU @ 3.3ghz (4 CPUs)
    8GB ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 graphics card
    Dell U2312HM Monitor

:)

bungeeman, Jan 12, 2016
  2. noah11101 Win User

Windows 10 Flickering, Blinking, Loss of Window Focus, HELP!

- Apps briefly show (not responding) when opening. This includes Windows Explorer and Task Manager.

- Apps flicker and blink in response to mouse clicks.

- Apps on the task bar occasionally will slide around wildly as if they are constantly reopening.

- Playing games in windowed or borderless windowed mode causes severe screen flickering.

- Tabbing out of fullscreen games does not allow me to tab back in.

- Window focus is constantly being stolen during these flickers.

A lot of the flickering seems to happen in response to my mouse clicks.

I don't know what to do short of formatting my entire PC (not optimal). This problem only began to happen after I updated to Windows 10 and is driving me insane.

noah11101, Jan 12, 2016
  3. fitzhue Win User
    MSN daily challenge games Xbox related. The screen flickers and when a game is loading, the game does not work at all. this is in 2016

The screen flickers on MSN solitaire daily game challenges. When the games appear to be loading, all I get is a screen with no cards. What?

fitzhue, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

you have the latest GPU and chipset drivers?

Archie123, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Screen Flickering During Gaming - Similar Threads - Screen Flickering During

2. Screen Flickering and Game Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering and Game Freezing: So I've noticed that when I click the "^" button at the bottom right of the screen, that part flickers. Sometimes, my device manager flickers too. Not only that, when I'm shooting bots and practicing at Valorant my screen loses audio and freezes for a second and it happens...
  3. Screen Flickering and Game Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering and Game Freezing: So I've noticed that when I click the "^" button at the bottom right of the screen, that part flickers. Sometimes, my device manager flickers too. Not only that, when I'm shooting bots and practicing at Valorant my screen loses audio and freezes for a second and it happens...
  4. Screen Flickering and Game Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen flickering or flashing during video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering or flashing during video: Hi thereMy windows version is windows 10 home21H2I do all the windows update and stop the transparent effect.However, I play a video or doing a meeting with my colleagues. My laptop keep flashing and turn transparentwhen there is more than one window.I tried re-install my...
  6. Screen flickering or flashing during video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering or flashing during video: Hi thereMy windows version is windows 10 home21H2I do all the windows update and stop the transparent effect.However, I play a video or doing a meeting with my colleagues. My laptop keep flashing and turn transparentwhen there is more than one window.I tried re-install my...
  7. Screen flickering or flashing during video

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Gaming laptop flicker screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming laptop flicker screen: I was playing games with my gaming laptop. I wanted to download a thing that is safe. When i downloaded my screen flickers purple and black sometimes it blocks my screen. When i restart the flicker is gone, but some time it flickers and stops everything. If you ask no I didnt...
  9. flickering screen during game play

flickering screen during game play: on uploads from discs as well as downloads when I try to play games my screen flickers and rolls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flickering-screen-during-game-play/73235c5b-8cda-4539-a4d7-e09df0cadb37
  10. Screen flickering while gaming

Screen flickering while gaming: Hello, My problem is that basically anytime I launch any game the screen with start flickering nonstop. It will work normal for a few seconds, than it will go black, come back for a few seconds in awhile then do the same thing over and over again. The game is running in...