Windows 10: Screen flickering/flashing on/off when second user logs in

Discus and support Screen flickering/flashing on/off when second user logs in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since a few weeks, if I log in to my PC after my kids have played on the PC, the screen starts flashing on/off after logging in to my account. It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maarten vG, May 14, 2019.

1. Screen flickering/flashing on/off when second user logs in

Since a few weeks, if I log in to my PC after my kids have played on the PC, the screen starts flashing on/off after logging in to my account. It seems that this is only the case when they are still logged in (in the background). The logon screen is normal, it starts flashing the moment I log in to my account. Only way to get rid of this is by reboot, then everything works normally again.

Windows 10 1809

Drivers seem to be the latest

Monitor is connected by HDMI

Frequency is on/off once per second or so

PS Logging the kid out (ctrl-alt-del, task manager, sign out user) has no effect, screen continues to flash.

:)

Maarten vG, May 14, 2019

2. Windows screen is flickering or flashing after logging in

Hi everyone,

You might see a flickering screen if you're running Office 365, or Office 2016 build 16.0.7668.2066, which was released to a small group of customers between 1/25 and 1/30.

As of 1/31, Office 365 or Office 2016 build 16.0.7668.2074 is available and contains a fix. To resolve this issue, please update Office to the newest version. Since the screen is flashing, you will need to do this using a command line. Please see this article
    for step by step instructions:
    Windows screen is flickering or flashing after logging in

Thank you,

Anahita

Anahita [MSFT], May 14, 2019
  3. SUI
    Sui Win User
    Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

4. Pavan_N Win User

Screen flickering/flashing on/off when second user logs in

Screen flashes black for a second

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check as driver updates are also part of Windows updates.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also uninstall and reinstall Display drivers from manufacturer website and check. Refer the steps below.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device Manager

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Properties

• Go to Driver tab.

• Select Uninstall and follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer the link below and follow the suggestions suggested.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Do let us know if the screen flashes. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Screen flickering/flashing on/off when second user logs in

1. Screen flickering/flashing on/off when second user logs in - Similar Threads - Screen flickering flashing

2. The second monitor flickers and turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  3. The second monitor flickers and turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  4. My second screen is flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My second screen is flickering: My Surface Pro 6 is connected to another acer monitor, and the second screen is flickering and the colours are all out of wacky. It isn't the monitor, because my uncle tried it on his computer and it worked fine. I've fiddled around with the driver and that hasn't worked, and...
  5. why Windows screen is flickering or flashing after logging in ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why Windows screen is flickering or flashing after logging in ?: To resolve this issue, please updateOffice to the newest version. Since the screen is flashing, you will need to do this using a command line. Please see this article for step by step instructions: Windows screen is flickering or flashing after logging in....
  6. flashing screen when turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    flashing screen when turned off: I have a brand new HP computer with Microsoft 10 as its OS. When I tried shutting my computer down the screen went black and is now randomly flashing quickly. I can't turn it on at all and it is continuing to flash a white screen in quick blips. Is it toast?...
  7. Screen "glitching"/flickering/flashing for one particular user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen "glitching"/flickering/flashing for one particular user: Hello, I have a user that has used multiple workstations with new images and is having the same issue across all machines. The screen flickers/flashes on certain things making it hard to type and navigate the screen at times. most notably the taskbar/start menu will...
  8. Screen flickering after I logged off and on agajn

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen flickering after I logged off and on agajn: A game of league froze while loading so I logged off and on again hoping to rejoin it, but when I logged back on my screen was flickering and I couldn't do anything as everytime I tried the action would be cancelled by a flicker. The login page or task manager does not...
  9. Screens flashing off and on every 30 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screens flashing off and on every 30 seconds: My computer screens flash off every 30 seconds or so. It doesnt effect any application I have open or system windows such as control panel. It does however close windows explorer window when it flashes. When I look at the event viewer it is showing almost 600 events...
  10. First Attempt - Disaster - Log On Screen Flashes On & Off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    First Attempt - Disaster - Log On Screen Flashes On & Off: Well I just let my Win 8.1 upgrade to 10 Pro and it was a disaster. I could only get in Safe Mode as regular flashed on and off constantly and that was with pre-installed Win 10 drivers for graphics....so fortunately it has a reverse gear, so to speak (Advanced Recovery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 one user log in first time screen flashing

2. twitter flashing after logging in

3. screen flickering after logging out

4. monitor flickering per account