Windows 10: Screen Flickering on Windows 10 despite trying to update drivers and Microsoft apps

Discus and support Screen Flickering on Windows 10 despite trying to update drivers and Microsoft apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop screen in flickering and i have tried almost everything i could find. Even tried the windows recommended solution as well:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AkeelHaider, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Screen Flickering on Windows 10 despite trying to update drivers and Microsoft apps

My laptop screen in flickering and i have tried almost everything i could find. Even tried the windows recommended solution as well: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-screen-flickering-in-windows-10-47d5b0a7-89ea-1321-ec47-dc262675fc7b#bkmk_update_uninstall_appThe screen works fine in safe mode. But even when opening task manager, it is flickering. I am assuming it's not a hardware issue as screen works fine when opening and shut down and when in safe mode.

:)

AkeelHaider, Jul 20, 2021

2. flickers with win 10

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with flickering screen on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers after the latest update, try the below and check if it helps.

• Do let us know when exactly you get the flickering screen on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message on flickering screen?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article:
    Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    for flickering screen, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Flickering screen and unable to maximize items

Hi Jane,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with flickering screen, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• How often you see black/ flickering screen on your device?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is the issue of maximizing the screen confined to any particular game?
    • Were you able to see any error code with this issue?

I would like to inform that screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps like Check to see if
    Task Manager flickers, Uninstall an incompatible app,
    Update your display driver from the Microsoft article about flickering screen and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Screen Flickering on Windows 10 despite trying to update drivers and Microsoft apps

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Screen Flickering on Windows 10 despite trying to update drivers and Microsoft apps

1. Screen Flickering on Windows 10 despite trying to update drivers and Microsoft apps - Similar Threads - Screen Flickering despite

2. Flickering Screen on Edge and other Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flickering Screen on Edge and other Microsoft Apps: After a few months from purchasing a Destop PC with intergrated graphics, When playing a video on Microsoft Edge or other Microsoft apps such as Windows Media player and Spotify Microsoft Store App the screen flickers causing the page to sometimes freeze. The issues only...
  3. Flickering Screen on Edge and other Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flickering Screen on Edge and other Microsoft Apps: After a few months from purchasing a Destop PC with intergrated graphics, When playing a video on Microsoft Edge or other Microsoft apps such as Windows Media player and Spotify Microsoft Store App the screen flickers causing the page to sometimes freeze. The issues only...
  4. Windows 10 screen flicker after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 screen flicker after update: I updated my PC to the latest update and left it running all night on December 2, 2020. The next morning, I was still able to use my PC without a problem. Then I turned it off, as usual, to go to work and when I turned it on again after a few seconds, my screen instantly...
  5. Flickering screen And the Driver and Windows Update doesn't help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flickering screen And the Driver and Windows Update doesn't help!: [ATTACH] Hi, My screen keeps flickering and stop after some point and then start and stop and repeat this action. what can I do to fix this problem. I have a ASUS gaming laptop with 4k screen and when change screen resolution from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 lower the...
  6. Flickering screen And the Driver and Windows Update doesn't help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flickering screen And the Driver and Windows Update doesn't help!: Hi, My screen keeps flickering and stop after some point and then start and stop and repeat this action. what can I do to fix this problem. I have a ASUS gaming laptop with 4k screen and when change screen resolution from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 lower the flickering that...
  7. Flickering screens after updates of Windows 10

Flickering screens after updates of Windows 10: I seem to always have flickering screens after I get an update to my computer of Windows 10. It is very annoying but I have found a solution to the problem. First my machine is set to automatic updating. I have two screens on the system, one is on the laptop and it is...
  8. Screen flickering after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen flickering after windows 10 update: Hi, Early January 2020, my PC updated to windows 10 since then my screen is flickering. I tried to uninstall and install display driver but it did not resolve the issue. I read an article to uninstall an app which might be reason but I am not sure which app to uninstall....
  9. Windows 10 screen flicker after update

Windows 10 screen flicker after update: I turned on my PC this morning and an update was applied. After it completed, the screen began flickering immediately at the Windows login screen. The flicker was happening in a way that it was impossible for me to enter login credentials. I decided to startup in safe...
  10. flickering screen after windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    flickering screen after windows 10 updates: Hi I'm a HelpDesk support technician and I've seen this issue in at least 7 windows 10 desktops. The problem is active windows going black intermittently and sometimes the screen flickering and blinking. This issue started a about a month ago after windows updates was...