Windows 10: Screen flickering/stuttering during installation and after installation of windows 10

Discus and support Screen flickering/stuttering during installation and after installation of windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently built my first ever PC for playing games and other general uses and for a few months things where running perfectly I had no issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Swellboy, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Swellboy Win User

Screen flickering/stuttering during installation and after installation of windows 10

Hi,

I recently built my first ever PC for playing games and other general uses and for a few months things where running perfectly I had no issues at all. However recently I encountered some screen flickering and after trying all the solutions I could find online I couldn’t stop it from happening, and my PC got to a point where I could not even log in. I eventually managed to reset the PC and tried re installing windows to see if it would fix the issue. However, during the installation process the screen was flickering, after the setup it didn’t occur for a while but as soon as i started using the PC it imidiatley started again even from doing something simple like looking at task manager.

When I say screen flickering my monitor doesn’t switch on and off, the image of what is being displayed flickers and moves about it even happened while task manager was open and also occurred while the PC was in safe mode. It happened when the monitor was either plugged into the motherboard or the GPU.

only time I don’t get this flickering is when I’m on my BIOS and the initial installation screen where you input your product key.

Is this a software issue with windows 10? As far as i know all my hardware is in good working order, I’ve not overclocked my CPU or anything.

if it helps this is my build.

MB: MSI Z390-A Pro

CPU: Intel Core i5 9600K 3.7GHz 6 core

Cooler: Hyper Cooler Master 212

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 super

RAM 16GB 2x8GB Crucial ballistix sport LT

PSU: Corsair 550W 80+ Gold

SSD: 1TB Sandisk & 1TB TCSunbow

I would list all the things I have tried but the list is very long and I don’t want to draw this post out majorly. But none of the current windows solutions have worked.

:)

Swellboy, Jan 2, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jan 2, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Screen flickering/stuttering during installation and after installation of windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Screen flickering/stuttering during installation and after installation of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screen flickering stuttering

2. Screen flickering Problem after installing VMWare/VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering Problem after installing VMWare/VirtualBox: I have HP 15s-fr1004tu laptop. It has Windows 11 installed in it. When I first time installed VMWare, my laptop showed a BSOD. And then when I restarted my laptop, the screen was flickering. I panicked so much, I didn't what to do. Then I uninstalled VMWare, then the problem...
  3. Screen flickering Problem after installing VMWare/VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering Problem after installing VMWare/VirtualBox: I have HP 15s-fr1004tu laptop. It has Windows 11 installed in it. When I first time installed VMWare, my laptop showed a BSOD. And then when I restarted my laptop, the screen was flickering. I panicked so much, I didn't what to do. Then I uninstalled VMWare, then the problem...
  4. Blue screens during windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens during windows 10 installation: Hello I have been trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 with a bootable USB on my computer but I keep getting errors during the installation like "Irql not less or equal" or "kernel mode heap corruption" I have already done the ram memory test and it did not give me any...
  5. Blue screens during windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screens during windows 10 installation: Hello I have been trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 with a bootable USB on my computer but I keep getting errors during the installation like "Irql not less or equal" or "kernel mode heap corruption" I have already done the ram memory test and it did not give me any...
  6. Blue screens during windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stuttering after fresh Windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering after fresh Windows install: Hello, I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC, and I have been getting stuttering since, mostly in games. I had not had such problems previously. I have made sure to uninstall and reinstall my display adapter and install the newest drivers for it. Am I missing...
  8. Windows 10 installation loop and screen flickering, can’t install windows??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation loop and screen flickering, can’t install windows??: Ive been trying to install windows on my computer after doing a format of the drive. The computer was running fine but i thought it was time for a fresh reboot. I have a SSD and a HDD and im trying to install the os on the ssd. when trying to install the os from a usb...
  9. flickering/stuttering

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    flickering/stuttering: Hello When I open or close a web page, I notice that with Chrome there is a flickering/stuttering effect, however, when I use Edge, there is not. When I open documents there is not. It points to Chrome with Windows Ten, on my machine at least, is the problem. I use...
  10. Windows 10 Black Screen During Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black Screen During Install: Hey guys, I was installing windows 10 (8.1 before) on my Dell inspiron 15 7000 series (7537), and it progressed to restarting after the installing drivers step, but after the restart and going through the dell startup screen, everything went black. The HDD light is stuck...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10.installation hangs after screen flicker