Windows 10: Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

Discus and support Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After startup and logging in, my screen started to flicker randomly to a black screen and back. It started to happen quicker then it completely stayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shamin Mazumder, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

After startup and logging in, my screen started to flicker randomly to a black screen and back. It started to happen quicker then it completely stayed a black screen. I couldn’t use any of the UI and all that worked was ctrl alt del. I used this to restart and on login again, it started to flicker, this time it didn’t stay a black screen. I could try to use UI a bit like start but by the time the screen flickered, it would get rid of the opened start menu. I booted into safe mode to try uninstall display drivers however device manager wouldn’t work and would say it couldn’t access or load the

:)

Shamin Mazumder, Apr 13, 2024

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Apr 13, 2024
  3. erocker Win User
    Screen Flickering

Return that card for something else. I've heard of many issues with Asus Direct Cu 7970's. You could try finding a different monitor to see if your monitor is the problem, but I doubt it.

**I though you tried differnet cables. Buy a new cable and try it. Get a Dual Link DVI cable.

Here's a list.

1. Uninstall and reinstall video drivers.

2. Replace cable

3. Try different monitor

4. Try different video card

5. Replace video card.

If you can do any of the steps above, just skip to step #5.

erocker, Apr 13, 2024
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

1. Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue - Similar Threads - Screen Flickering tried

2. Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue: After startup and logging in, my screen started to flicker randomly to a black screen and back. It started to happen quicker then it completely stayed a black screen. I couldn’t use any of the UI and all that worked was ctrl alt del. I used this to restart and on login again,...
  3. Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue: After startup and logging in, my screen started to flicker randomly to a black screen and back. It started to happen quicker then it completely stayed a black screen. I couldn’t use any of the UI and all that worked was ctrl alt del. I used this to restart and on login again,...
  4. Screen flickering issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering issue: I am facing screen flickering issue I try to update my AMD driver and I think I installed the wrong one. And also I didn't deleted my old driver before installing the new one is it necessary? .I went to a shop to fix it but they said its happening because of my screen is...
  5. Screen flickering issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering issue: I am facing screen flickering issue I try to update my AMD driver and I think I installed the wrong one. And also I didn't deleted my old driver before installing the new one is it necessary? .I went to a shop to fix it but they said its happening because of my screen is...
  6. Screen Flickering Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering Issue: Good day everyone!I have been using windows 11 for a while without facing much issues. I honestly have no idea if this was caused by a recent update, however, what happened was my screen started to flicker. Every time it happened, I was using Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Word...
  7. Screen Flickering Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering Issue: Good day everyone!I have been using windows 11 for a while without facing much issues. I honestly have no idea if this was caused by a recent update, however, what happened was my screen started to flicker. Every time it happened, I was using Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Word...
  8. Computer drops frames/runs worse after trying to solve another issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer drops frames/runs worse after trying to solve another issue: I had an old issue where my computer would randomly skip frames because of some unknown reason, so I started to look around until I found one reddit post going over the problem. Link to the Reddit Post (Extra link just in case it doesn't work:...
  9. Screen Flickering Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering Issue: Respeted sir I have problem in playing game due to flickering of the screen, my home screen doesn't flickers but when I run transformers or farcry 3 It start flickering. Please help me to fix this problem...
  10. Screen flickering issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen flickering issue: I have windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron N 4010. After installing Windows 10 i have noticed that the screen starts to flicker. But when i connect the system to a projector, no flickering happens on the projected screen, where as the same continues of my laptop screen. Please...