Windows 10: Screen flickering when switching windows when HDR is enabled

Discus and support Screen flickering when switching windows when HDR is enabled in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have a very annoying issue with HDR on Windows 11.I have 3 screens, and my main middle screen supports HDR, while the other 2 secondary ones do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BSoD38, Aug 15, 2022.

1. BSoD38 Win User

Screen flickering when switching windows when HDR is enabled

Hi, I have a very annoying issue with HDR on Windows 11.I have 3 screens, and my main middle screen supports HDR, while the other 2 secondary ones do not.If I switch to a window on one of my secondary screens, then switch over to a window on my main HDR screen, there is a very high chance that it will cause the screen to go blank for a few seconds, then come back again. Sometimes, the screen will flicker up to 5 times before coming back which is like 20 seconds of the screen being blank. There is also a chance of the flickers causing my screen to glitch out and consider the video input as SD

:)

BSoD38, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Screen flickering when switching windows when HDR is enabled

1. Screen flickering when switching windows when HDR is enabled - Similar Threads - Screen flickering switching

2. Why are certain apps flickering when I use HDR?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are certain apps flickering when I use HDR?: I'm running Windows 11 on a 3080/i9. I am using the most current Nvidia drivers. I am also using a ROG Strix monitor with HDR capability. It looks great and I have no issues with performance or the display until I run certain applications it seems - mainly certain not all...
  3. Why are certain apps flickering when I use HDR?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are certain apps flickering when I use HDR?: I'm running Windows 11 on a 3080/i9. I am using the most current Nvidia drivers. I am also using a ROG Strix monitor with HDR capability. It looks great and I have no issues with performance or the display until I run certain applications it seems - mainly certain not all...
  4. Windows 11 Changes Brightness automatically when i enable HDR !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Changes Brightness automatically when i enable HDR !: Goodmorning everyone.So i bought my new monitor few days ago Alienware AW2723DF 1440p for my PC ,which supports HDR 600.When i enable HDR under Monitor's option menu Windows 11 will change the brightness automatically depending onwhat i'm viewing !I notice that mainly while...
  5. Windows 11 Changes Brightness automatically when i enable HDR !

Windows 11 Changes Brightness automatically when i enable HDR !: Goodmorning everyone.So i bought my new monitor few days ago Alienware AW2723DF 1440p for my PC ,which supports HDR 600.When i enable HDR under Monitor's option menu Windows 11 will change the brightness automatically depending onwhat i'm viewing !I notice that mainly while...
  6. HDR-capable monitor becomes completely unresponsive when switching between SDR and HDR...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR-capable monitor becomes completely unresponsive when switching between SDR and HDR...: I have the Alienware AW3423DW in HDR Peak 1000 mode. Here are the steps to replicate the issue:The relevant system information is as follows:Windows 10 version 21H2Nvidia GPU with GeForce Game Ready Driver version 528.021. Power on computer with HDR already enabled in Windows...
  7. HDR-capable monitor becomes completely unresponsive when switching between SDR and HDR...

HDR-capable monitor becomes completely unresponsive when switching between SDR and HDR...: I have the Alienware AW3423DW in HDR Peak 1000 mode. Here are the steps to replicate the issue:The relevant system information is as follows:Windows 10 version 21H2Nvidia GPU with GeForce Game Ready Driver version 528.021. Power on computer with HDR already enabled in Windows...
  8. HDR-capable monitor becomes completely unresponsive when switching between SDR and HDR...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Screen flickering when switching windows when HDR is enabled

Screen flickering when switching windows when HDR is enabled: Hi, I have a very annoying issue with HDR on Windows 11.I have 3 screens, and my main middle screen supports HDR, while the other 2 secondary ones do not.If I switch to a window on one of my secondary screens, then switch over to a window on my main HDR screen, there is a...
  10. Momentary black screen when toggling Game Bar while HDR enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Momentary black screen when toggling Game Bar while HDR enabled: I got a new monitor, the LG 27GL850-B, which supports the basic HDR 10 signal. Of course this I didn't expect anything from it, but hey, if the option is there, might as well see if does anything. What I did notice is that while HDR was enabled, opening and closing the Game...