Windows 10: Screen flickering while gaming

Discus and support Screen flickering while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My problem is that basically anytime I launch any game the screen with start flickering nonstop. It will work normal for a few seconds, than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lane358, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Lane358 Win User

Screen flickering while gaming

Hello,

My problem is that basically anytime I launch any game the screen with start flickering nonstop. It will work normal for a few seconds, than it will go black, come back for a few seconds in awhile then do the same thing over and over again. The game is running in background without issue during this time. If I alt+tab from the game to desktop the flickering stops, once I go back into the game it will show me the game for a few seconds and start flickering again. For the games that allow to switch to windowed mode by pressing alt+enter the flickering stops and I am able to play the game normally except from the inconvenience of having it in windowed mode.

I have a dual monitor setup and I read online that it is a common issue with windows for such setups but none of the suggestions I read there helped me to solve it. By the way, while the game if flickering on main display, the secondary monitor is running mostly fine and will only flicker occasionally. I had the same issue in the past, when after a windows update the flickering started, the way I was able to solve it back then was to uninstall the update and stop windows from updating again. A month ago I had to reinstall the windows and everything was working fine until I got this big October update installed. This time around I am not given an option to uninstall the update so I am stuck with the flickering problem...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

Lane358, Oct 14, 2018

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Screen flickering while gaming

Flickering screen and unable to maximize items

Hi Jane,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with flickering screen, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• How often you see black/ flickering screen on your device?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is the issue of maximizing the screen confined to any particular game?
    • Were you able to see any error code with this issue?

I would like to inform that screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps like Check to see if
    Task Manager flickers, Uninstall an incompatible app,
    Update your display driver from the Microsoft article about flickering screen and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Screen flickering while gaming

1. Screen flickering while gaming - Similar Threads - Screen flickering while

2. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    flickering while playing game on fullscreen: hello, I got this flickering issue when I play full screen in every game, I use intel hd 4600 and I look at my display refresh rate it's say 59,790 hz and on intel hd display it say 60 hz...
  3. Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering: The screen on my laptop intel i5 has been flicking randomly. It is still responsive while it flickers, as evidenced when I tap or click randomly, and the computer actually responds accordingly.When I shut the laptop lid and open it again, the screen is alright though.How can...
  4. Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering: The screen on my laptop intel i5 has been flicking randomly. It is still responsive while it flickers, as evidenced when I tap or click randomly, and the computer actually responds accordingly.When I shut the laptop lid and open it again, the screen is alright though.How can...
  5. Screen flickers while playing games in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickers while playing games in fullscreen: This has been an issue for months now, and I've tried many different fixes such as updating my graphics drivers and regularly restarting my computer, but it's all been to no avail. When I'm not in fullscreen, the issue is nonexistent. I have no idea what it could be at this...
  6. While Working Screen flickered

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    While Working Screen flickered: While Working screen flickered, so I noted the time and saw the Event Viewer: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 09-12-2020 02:42:59 AM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  7. My screen flickers while playing games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My screen flickers while playing games.: My screen flickers while playing games. I have taken steps like rebooting windows, fixing refresh rate, updating graphics drivers.Still, I am facing such problems. My laptop configuration LENOVO Y700 Graphics card 4gb NVIDIA GTX....
  8. Screen flickering while playing my games in fullscreen.

Screen flickering while playing my games in fullscreen.: Hello, I have a problem,When i play some games in fullscreen my screen keeps flickering, Hope i get a reply, Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickering-while-playing-my-games-in/f1a28190-4e0a-4f9f-b925-7defe8b3b24e
  9. Screen Flickering While Playing Games.

Screen Flickering While Playing Games.: I have Windows 10 ,amd anthlon x270 dual core processor,my pc starts to flickers when I play games (this problem came after. Fall creator update,before it was fine) I already tried to install windows 10,7 3 times but problem persists,I tried to uninstall the display driver...
  10. FPS drops and Screen flicker while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drops and Screen flicker while playing games: I am trying my best to explain, what is my problem. After a several months, i'm having a trouble in games (such as Rainbow Six Siege, CS:GO, F1 2015 etc.). After launching the game, the FPS drops down and the screen starts flashing and flickering. Some games worked while i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flickering screen while gaming

2. display flickering fix while gaming