Windows 10: Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch

Discus and support Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While marking something on the snip with pen/pencil the screen start flickeringturns off and on. This is happening after the last windows feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SirajIrshad, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch

While marking something on the snip with pen/pencil the screen start flickeringturns off and on. This is happening after the last windows feature update

See this video - https://youtu.be/FkFHQTvQaRM

Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch 86a2d325-d08e-4879-942a-63901933250d?upload=true.png

:)

SirajIrshad, Jul 30, 2020

2. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Jul 30, 2020
  3. elstaci Win User
    Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines

Since updating to Windows 10 Pro version 2004, at least that I am aware of, whenever I use Snip & Sketch and I need to draw an orange line on the image, it flickers (Screen goes black for about a second) and then it shows a slightly longer line before it
    flickered. The flickering starts as soon as I start the process of drawing the line and continues. Sometimes I needs to bear several flickers just to draw a medium long line in the Snip.

Extremely annoying since I am constantly am using Snip & Sketch during my activities at a Tech Forum that I am active in.

When I use highlighter it works normally.

In Group Policies it has all the required permissions - Administrators and Windows. I tried to add other permissions like "Everyone" and my own Administrator but continues with the same issue.

Before doing a Clean Windows installation I was able to fix the issue in Group Policy. When I went there I noticed that Administrators was missing. Then next timed, while trying to see how to install that permission again, when I looked back at Group Policy,
    it magically appeared and Snip & Sketch starting working normally again until I did a Clean Windows installation. Now It is acting as though I am missing Administrator permission again except it is not missing and Windows is not recognizing the permission.

I have tried using all the different settings in Snip to see if it has any affect and it doesn't.

This occurred before and after a clean Windows installation (for a different reason). I noticed this had been occurring since at least 2019.

I do noticed that when I first create a Snip and start sketching a line and the computer is, at the moment, doing something to keep it busy, for about a couple seconds drawing a line works fine then it starts the flickering.

I also needed to do a In-Place upgrade after doing a Clean Windows installation because I ran WD Diagnostic during the Windows Desktop to check for bad sectors and if my C: drive was defective and it corrupted the Windows installation and several apps I
    had installed.

Even after that the same issue continues with Snip & Sketch. One thing I noticed was that other Users have the save issue using Sticky Notes but for me Sticky Notes works correctly.

elstaci, Jul 30, 2020
  4. JimWynne Win User

Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch

1. Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch - Similar Threads - Screen flickering while

2. snip & sketch black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    snip & sketch black screen: When I open Snip & sketch, screen turns black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-black-screen/862713ab-ab57-4d7c-9d49-e0606d29b805
  3. Cannot use Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use Snip & Sketch: Every time I try to use Snip & Sketch, it always show up "You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link".I've gone for a few search on the Internet and found some solutions but none of them worked.First, I tried some lines of DISM tool on cmd, it showed...
  4. Cannot use Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use Snip & Sketch: Every time I try to use Snip & Sketch, it always show up "You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link".I've gone for a few search on the Internet and found some solutions but none of them worked.First, I tried some lines of DISM tool on cmd, it showed...
  5. Cannot use Snip & Sketch

6. Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing: Hi all, hoping I can get some help because I haven't found a solution that works. When using Snip & Sketch to edit and draw on a screenshot after taking one, when drawing, my screen will flicker after a certain amount of "ink" has been placed. It will stay dark until I stop...
  7. Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing

Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing: Hi all, hoping I can get some help because I haven't found a solution that works. When using Snip & Sketch to edit and draw on a screenshot after taking one, when drawing, my screen will flicker after a certain amount of "ink" has been placed. It will stay dark until I stop...
  8. screen flickering with snip and sketch

screen flickering with snip and sketch: Hello all,My screen flickers when I try to draw a line in snip and sketch app, I tried the following solutions but nothing works:uninstalling and reinstalling the display driver.resetting the app.updating the display driver.changing the frame rate of the screenalthough , apps...
  9. Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines

Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines: Since updating to Windows 10 Pro version 2004, at least that I am aware of, whenever I use Snip & Sketch and I need to draw an orange line on the image, it flickers Screen goes black for about a second and then it shows a slightly longer line before it flickered. The...
  10. Using Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Snip & Sketch: I use the snipping tool almost every day and frequently copy and past into emails etc. I have tried the new Snip & Sketch, and when I right click to copy, all it does is to add a red dot. (Presumably that's the sketch part.) How do I copy a snip into an email?...