Windows 10: screen flickering with snip and sketch

Discus and support screen flickering with snip and sketch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all,My screen flickers when I try to draw a line in snip and sketch app, I tried the following solutions but nothing works:uninstalling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mhammadalkhateeb, Jun 22, 2021.

1. screen flickering with snip and sketch

Hello all,My screen flickers when I try to draw a line in snip and sketch app, I tried the following solutions but nothing works:uninstalling and reinstalling the display driver.resetting the app.updating the display driver.changing the frame rate of the screenalthough , apps with higher system requirements works just fine AutoCAD 2021 and League of Legends.I bought the laptop a few days ago and I am afraid the laptop has a big issue.can anyone help please?

:)

mhammadalkhateeb, Jun 22, 2021

2. Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having a flickering screen while using Snip and sketch on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Do you see this behavior in any other application?

Meanwhile, let us try few steps.

Step 1: Reset Snip & Sketch app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Snip & Sketch
      app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2: Update display driver.

We would suggest you to update the display driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Jun 22, 2021
  4. elstaci Win User

screen flickering with snip and sketch

Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines

Since updating to Windows 10 Pro version 2004, at least that I am aware of, whenever I use Snip & Sketch and I need to draw an orange line on the image, it flickers (Screen goes black for about a second) and then it shows a slightly longer line before it
    flickered. The flickering starts as soon as I start the process of drawing the line and continues. Sometimes I needs to bear several flickers just to draw a medium long line in the Snip.

Extremely annoying since I am constantly am using Snip & Sketch during my activities at a Tech Forum that I am active in.

When I use highlighter it works normally.

In Group Policies it has all the required permissions - Administrators and Windows. I tried to add other permissions like "Everyone" and my own Administrator but continues with the same issue.

Before doing a Clean Windows installation I was able to fix the issue in Group Policy. When I went there I noticed that Administrators was missing. Then next timed, while trying to see how to install that permission again, when I looked back at Group Policy,
    it magically appeared and Snip & Sketch starting working normally again until I did a Clean Windows installation. Now It is acting as though I am missing Administrator permission again except it is not missing and Windows is not recognizing the permission.

I have tried using all the different settings in Snip to see if it has any affect and it doesn't.

This occurred before and after a clean Windows installation (for a different reason). I noticed this had been occurring since at least 2019.

I do noticed that when I first create a Snip and start sketching a line and the computer is, at the moment, doing something to keep it busy, for about a couple seconds drawing a line works fine then it starts the flickering.

I also needed to do a In-Place upgrade after doing a Clean Windows installation because I ran WD Diagnostic during the Windows Desktop to check for bad sectors and if my C: drive was defective and it corrupted the Windows installation and several apps I
    had installed.

Even after that the same issue continues with Snip & Sketch. One thing I noticed was that other Users have the save issue using Sticky Notes but for me Sticky Notes works correctly.

elstaci, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

screen flickering with snip and sketch

1. screen flickering with snip and sketch - Similar Threads - screen flickering snip

2. snip & sketch black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    snip & sketch black screen: When I open Snip & sketch, screen turns black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-black-screen/862713ab-ab57-4d7c-9d49-e0606d29b805
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  5. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing: Hi all, hoping I can get some help because I haven't found a solution that works. When using Snip & Sketch to edit and draw on a screenshot after taking one, when drawing, my screen will flicker after a certain amount of "ink" has been placed. It will stay dark until I stop...
  7. Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing

Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing: Hi all, hoping I can get some help because I haven't found a solution that works. When using Snip & Sketch to edit and draw on a screenshot after taking one, when drawing, my screen will flicker after a certain amount of "ink" has been placed. It will stay dark until I stop...
  8. Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch

Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch: While marking something on the snip with pen/pencil the screen start flickeringturns off and on. This is happening after the last windows feature update See this video - https://youtu.be/FkFHQTvQaRM [ATTACH]...
  9. Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines

Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines: Since updating to Windows 10 Pro version 2004, at least that I am aware of, whenever I use Snip & Sketch and I need to draw an orange line on the image, it flickers Screen goes black for about a second and then it shows a slightly longer line before it flickered. The...
  10. Snip and Sketch freeze screen

Snip and Sketch freeze screen: Hi. I am trying to snap my window screen but it immediately freezes the screen after. I tried to press on any keys and click on anything but nothing happens and the screen is still stuck....