Windows 10: Screen flickers and menu bar in program changes color ?

Discus and support Screen flickers and menu bar in program changes color ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm experiencing an issue with Windows10 / 11. I use one program which is a tablet display, when this tablet display is powered off for hours then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StraightWorld, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Screen flickers and menu bar in program changes color ?

I'm experiencing an issue with Windows10 / 11. I use one program which is a tablet display, when this tablet display is powered off for hours then powered back up after many hours. The one program I use has it's menu bar disabled and the menu is white, normally it's grey, as well the taskbar which is on auto-hide is inaccessible when the cursor is placed where the taskbar should appear; while the screen will flicker numerous times; the only way to access the taskbar is using the Windows Key, then and only then will the cursor show the taskbar ?

:)

StraightWorld, Aug 1, 2022
  2. SUI
    Sui Win User

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Aug 1, 2022
  4. AndreePin Win User

Screen flickers and menu bar in program changes color ?

Windows 10 Screen Flashing/inverting colors

Hi,

Since troubleshooting steps were provided, what I can suggest is for you to try to configure the settings on your monitor's color management. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Open Color Management by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type color management, and then click Color
      Management
    • Click the Advanced tab, and click Change system defaults.
    • Click the Advanced tab in the Color Management - System Defaults dialog box, and do one of the following:

- To prevent Windows from loading display calibrations, clear the Use Windows display calibration check box.
    • Click Close in the Color Management - System Defaults dialog box.
    • Click Close in the Color Management dialog box.
    You can also refer to this link for screen flickering troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Aug 1, 2022
Thema:

Screen flickers and menu bar in program changes color ?

1. Screen flickers and menu bar in program changes color ? - Similar Threads - Screen flickers menu

2. colored flickering screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    colored flickering screen: On Windows 10 I have a flickering, colored horizontal screen. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colored-flickering-screen/dfed3dca-f2b1-4822-a26a-7dbdfaa9e2a3
  3. colored flickering screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    colored flickering screen: On Windows 10 I have a flickering, colored horizontal screen. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colored-flickering-screen/dfed3dca-f2b1-4822-a26a-7dbdfaa9e2a3
  4. colored flickering screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen flickers and menu bar in program changes color ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickers and menu bar in program changes color ?: I'm experiencing an issue with Windows10 / 11. I use one program which is a tablet display, when this tablet display is powered off for hours then powered back up after many hours. The one program I use has it's menu bar disabled and the menu is white, normally it's grey, as...
  6. Screen suddenly colorful and flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen suddenly colorful and flickering: Very suddenly I was playing a game on Steam and everything was running smoothly with no abnormalities my screen started flickering and showing various colors. I initially thought it was a software issue and updated the display driver, but that did not solve the issue. The...
  7. How to change the menu bar color in applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the menu bar color in applications: I have the same question as was recently posted by another user who did not receive a solution and still had the thread locked, which is frustrating. So, since there are several users that still have this question I'm copying and pasting his question here. I'm fully willing...
  8. UltraUXThemePatcher not changing menu bar for all programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UltraUXThemePatcher not changing menu bar for all programs: [IMG] Alright, I've looked through tons of forum posts online, used all sorts of differentr terminology to describe my issue but no one seems to have quite the same problem as me. Here's the issue, I have a nice theme from DeviantArt that is supposed to change the bar at...
  9. Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors

Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors: V 2004 (OS 1941.508) Good morning there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar, Start Menu colors and also the Active Title Bar and Inactive title Bar colors that works, please? I have searched and tried numerous ways to set my Taskbar and Start Menu to one color and the Activated...
  10. Issue with changing title bar color with some programs

Issue with changing title bar color with some programs: Out of the four computers I own, I was only able to get one of them upgraded to Windows 10 so far, The one I had with me the day 10 was released is a HP Envy laptop that I use primarily for a hobby I have, Astronomy. The PC had on it several programs I use while using my...