Windows 10: Screen flickers at startup after eabling Hyper-V

Discus and support Screen flickers at startup after eabling Hyper-V in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I bought a new HP pavilion i7 pc and upgraded from windows home to windows pro. When I enable Hyper-V, the screen flickers at startup only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MonaAli602, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Screen flickers at startup after eabling Hyper-V

Hi all,

I bought a new HP pavilion i7 pc and upgraded from windows home to windows pro.

When I enable Hyper-V, the screen flickers at startup only and I have to power off then power on then PC works with no issues.

This happens daily when I power on the device for the first time in the morning. I am sure it's related to Hyper-V because when I disable it, this stops happening.

Any suggestion what might be wrong as I need to use Hyper-V to work on Xamarin.

:)

MonaAli602, Jul 23, 2020

2. Screen flickers at startup after eabling Hyper-V

Hi all,

I bought a new HP pavilion i7 pc and upgraded from windows home to windows pro.

When I enable Hyper-V, the screen flickers at startup only and I have to power off then power on then PC works with no issues.

This happens daily when I power on the device for the first time in the morning. I am sure it's related to Hyper-V because when I disable it, this stops happening.

Any suggestion what might be wrong as I need to use Hyper-V to work on Xamarin.

MonaAli602, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Screen flickers after install Hyper-V; Lenovo Yoga 900 13isk, Win Enterprise 64bit

Screen flickers after installing Hyper-V. Fine after uninstalling Hyper-V.

Anyone face same issue and any help to fix?

Bought high specs for Virtualization use but end up Hyper-V cause screen flickering.

Specs for reference:

ProcessorIntel Core i7-6500U Processor( 2.50GHz 1866MHz 4MB)Operating systemWindows 10 Enterprise 64Display type13.0" QHD 3200x1800System GraphicsIntel HD GraphicsTotal memory16.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L 1600 MHzHard drive device512GB SSD SATA IIINetwork cardIntel Wireless-AC 8260BluetoothBluetooth Version 4.0

Pointing deviceClickPadBattery4 Cell Li-Polymer

Nicholas the Geek, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Screen flickers at startup after eabling Hyper-V

Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you disable the Hyper V services. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Services on the search bar.
    • Right click one Hyper V service, then select Properties.
    • On Startup type, choose Disabled.
      Screen flickers at startup after eabling Hyper-V d67aa4cb-46e7-4431-9d29-11005894536c.png
    • You have to disable all the Hyper V services one at a time by following the same steps.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check out your post on TechNet (IT Pro’s) to make sure you get better answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marby Rey, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Screen flickers at startup after eabling Hyper-V

1. Screen flickers at startup after eabling Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Screen flickers startup

2. screen flickering after Hyper V was enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen flickering after Hyper V was enabled: See the below video for the issue:https://drive.google.com/file/d/18oM2WPfEYyUuyyk7aUlKrmO16mxHOOmk/view?usp=sharingAround a month back, I installed a software called Docker on my system which uses Hyper VI dont have virtualization in my CPU. Around that time this screen...
  3. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  4. Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?: I know yu can alter the hyper-v configuration files so it starts in full screen mode, but if you minimise a session to the taskbar, and maximise again, it always reverts to windows mode rather than full screen mode, and you have to manually set to fullscreen again Anybody...
  5. Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen

Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen: Windows 10 Pro 1709, x64. Lenovo desktop, 12 GB memory. I´ve trying to do a virtual boot of a backup image created with Macrium Reflect, using Macrium viBoot. When the vm is started, there appears a BSOD in Hyper-V (Page fault in nonpaged area), or a “Preparing...
  6. Clarification on Hyper-V

Clarification on Hyper-V: I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc? I'm very familiar with both of those hypervisors, but have never used the Microsoft offering, and I'm just looking for...
  7. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  8. Hyper-V – software rendering & screen resolution

Hyper-V – software rendering & screen resolution: I am a new user of Hyper-V on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit host, and have just installed Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit. I have two queries from my initial use, and am hoping that experienced users can give me some guidance. (1) When Linux is first launched I am given a warning...
  9. Audio in hyper-v

Audio in hyper-v: So how do I get my headset which is usb to work in hyper-v? 5735
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...