Windows 10: Screen flickers black, other issues

Discus and support Screen flickers black, other issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. My screen will periodically flicker to black once in a while. It lasts less than half a second when it occurs. When it does this, a few things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrennBall, Feb 16, 2020.

1. BrennBall Win User

Screen flickers black, other issues

Hello.

My screen will periodically flicker to black once in a while. It lasts less than half a second when it occurs. When it does this, a few things happen:

1. A second mouse curser is visible in the centre of the screen. I can control the original curse, but the second curser is stationary.

2. Any video YoutTube, Netflix, etc that is playing, will still play audio but the visuals will freeze. The timer continues to count. At the end of the video, the timer counts above the time i.e. a 3:26 video will count above 3:26

I have tried to restart my computer, but this didn't do anything. I tried to google for a solution, but nothing came up. Windows Defender is saying everything is okay.

:)

BrennBall, Feb 16, 2020

2. photoshop cs6 black screen flickering issues

For all those people who face this error please find below the easiest solution for this error.

1. First of all click on the Catalyst Control Center.
    2. Now click on ‘3D Application Settings’.
    3. All you have to do is change the ‘Wait for Vertical Refresh’ option to ‘On, unless application specifies’.

If you are not able to fix the issue using the steps given above and wanna try some other effective methods visit : Windows 8 and Photoshop CS6 Black Screen Flickering

Bhupesh Nimje, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Screen flickers black, other issues

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Screen flickers black, other issues

1. Screen flickers black, other issues - Similar Threads - Screen flickers black

2. Screen Flickering Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering Black: My screen has been flickering black for about a second several times a day for a few weeks now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver, and tried Ctrl + Shift + Windows + B. I also have checked for any necessary updates in both the "Check For Updates" Windows...
  3. Screen Flickering Black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering Black: My screen has been flickering black for about a second several times a day for a few weeks now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver, and tried Ctrl + Shift + Windows + B. I also have checked for any necessary updates in both the "Check For Updates" Windows...
  4. Black/flickering screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black/flickering screen: When I start up my computer it shows a black screen after I login. I tried to use safe mode and it shows a flickering screen and I can’t click on any apps while task manager is fine. It all started around the windows 11 upgrade....
  5. Black/flickering screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black/flickering screen: When I start up my computer it shows a black screen after I login. I tried to use safe mode and it shows a flickering screen and I can’t click on any apps while task manager is fine. It all started around the windows 11 upgrade....
  6. Screen goes black and flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black and flickers: Hi, for the past year I've been having problems with my screen. Sometimes the screen will go black with weird coloured lines for a few seconds, then the screen goes to normal and flickers. Now I've notices that it isn't always the whole screen that flickers. Sometimes its...
  7. Fast Start Up black flickering screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start Up black flickering screen issue: Hi, laptop has been running fine for ages. Then encountered black screen with flickering white lines on startup. Did a hold power button to reboot and works fine. Narrowed it down to fast startup. Disable it and now works fine. Im fine using without but its nice to have the...
  8. Random black screen flickering issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random black screen flickering issue: Win10 Enterprise version 1909 build 18363.720 So I've been trying to troubleshoot an incredibly annoying screen flickering issue for months now. I have a dual monitor setup, one is an Asus ProArt PA248 connected via Display port, and the other is actually a 32inch Toshiba...
  9. Black screen and flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and flickering: Ever since installing a recent windows update I’ve been having this issue, I’ve tried uninstalling the update and updating to an even newer version, same with my drivers, the issue also causes 100% gpu usage, I’ve tried many fixes with nothing working....
  10. Screen Flickering and other Windows10 issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Flickering and other Windows10 issues: For the last couple days I've had plenty issues with my laptop. I already tried multiple times to format my drives and reinstall windows but for some reason Windows stops working after some days. The only apps I've installed so far when reinstalling the drives are google...