Windows 10: Screen flickers when games played on full screen

Discus and support Screen flickers when games played on full screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Screen flickers when I play games on fullscreen, It's fine on windowed mode. I am having this problem since a year now, I have been using V-Sync... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by salukhe, Aug 7, 2018.

1. salukhe Win User

Screen flickers when games played on full screen

Screen flickers when I play games on fullscreen, It's fine on windowed mode. I am having this problem since a year now, I have been using V-Sync feature on games as a bypass to this problem but there are new games which don't offer this feature, neither does the Intel Graphics Contorl Panel. Idk what changed last time, driver update, windows update, direct x update.. I've been looking for a fix but nothings working.
    Specs: Laptop, Haier 7G-5H, Windows 10, i3 4010U, 6 GB RAM, Intel HD 4400.
    thank you.

:)

salukhe, Aug 7, 2018

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Screen flickers when games played on full screen

Flickering screen and unable to maximize items

Hi Jane,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with flickering screen, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• How often you see black/ flickering screen on your device?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is the issue of maximizing the screen confined to any particular game?
    • Were you able to see any error code with this issue?

I would like to inform that screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps like Check to see if
    Task Manager flickers, Uninstall an incompatible app,
    Update your display driver from the Microsoft article about flickering screen and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Screen flickers when games played on full screen

1. Screen flickers when games played on full screen - Similar Threads - Screen flickers games

2. Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games: Hi,My taskbar has been flickering in full screen games and sometimes just file explorer. Any help would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-flickering-in-full-screen-games/9a7a053d-f84a-4eb4-9f58-07819c8cdbce
  3. Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games: Hi,My taskbar has been flickering in full screen games and sometimes just file explorer. Any help would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-flickering-in-full-screen-games/9a7a053d-f84a-4eb4-9f58-07819c8cdbce
  4. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  5. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  6. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't change screen brightness when playing full screen games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change screen brightness when playing full screen games: My laptop has intel and nvidia graphics. After a recent windows 10 update, whenever I play my games on nvidia graphics on full screen, the screen brightness will dim/brighten to ~50. Changing the brightness in the windows settings i.e. 0 or 100 does not change the screen...
  8. flickering screen during game play

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flickering screen during game play: on uploads from discs as well as downloads when I try to play games my screen flickers and rolls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flickering-screen-during-game-play/73235c5b-8cda-4539-a4d7-e09df0cadb37
  9. Screen Flickering While Playing Games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering While Playing Games.: I have Windows 10 ,amd anthlon x270 dual core processor,my pc starts to flickers when I play games (this problem came after. Fall creator update,before it was fine) I already tried to install windows 10,7 3 times but problem persists,I tried to uninstall the display driver...
  10. playing games in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    playing games in full screen: I am trying to play the Heroes of might and magic series through UpLay. For some reason it has stopped loading in full screen mode. It will load and play but in a tiny window. How can I get it back to full scrren?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. GAMES FLICKER PC IN FULLSCREEN MODE

2. monitor only flickers in fullscreen games

3. monitor flicker when playing in windowed games

4. pc screen flickers only on fullscreen,
  5. screen flickering while playing games in fullscreen