Windows 10: Screen flikering when playing videos

Discus and support Screen flikering when playing videos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have been haveing trouble for the past few months with my screen fllikering every time a video is played in any web browser I have tried updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brady----, May 25, 2020.

1. Brady---- Win User

Screen flikering when playing videos

Hi

I have been haveing trouble for the past few months with my screen fllikering every time a video is played in any web browser I have tried updating the drivers but it has not worked...please help!

:)

Brady----, May 25, 2020

2. screen flikering issue

my laptop screen flikers sometimes .how can I solve this problem.please tell me as soon as possible.

sairamankoraveni, May 25, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, May 25, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Screen flikering when playing videos - Similar Threads - Screen flikering playing

2. Blue screen when playing videos in browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen when playing videos in browser: Hello,I have crashes when playing videos in my browser. I have the most recent graphics drivers and windows update. Please help.Here is a link to dmp files and msinfohttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AttUF1JsBjqjfRvtrzh2Z4pcWnQ?e=aOpAlOThanks!BrHarald...
  3. Blue Screen when play video

Blue Screen when play video: I purchased a new laptop, just 2 days, when I play video on YouTube, Netfilx and from hard disk, after 25~30 minutes, will crash and show this blue screen as below, the Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VOLATION. I been do the factory reset, then update all Windows update and...
  4. Laptop screen glitches when playing a video

Laptop screen glitches when playing a video: When I play a video youtube, a file, ads, etc, my screen occasionally turns black, glitches with purple and green lines on the screen before turning black, or making it so that the bottom of the screen shows the very top for an unknown reason. This can be solved by turning...
  5. screen flikering issue

screen flikering issue: my laptop screen flikers sometimes .how can I solve this problem.please tell me as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flikering-issue/05f4ff20-958b-47d3-9777-2b3602bde495
  6. Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.

Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.: I have been facing a problem where all my games that are in fullscreen just don't work Black screen example: CS:GO HOI4 etc. same with videos with other video playback it works but with youtube or some others it's black screen the only way to fix it seems to hold FN and one...
  7. Show Taskbar when playing Videos in full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show Taskbar when playing Videos in full screen: Okay so it's been very hard to find a fix for this because everyone seems to want the opposite but, I WANT to see my taskbar while watching videos in full screen and I had it like that before but now whenever I enter full screen it hides, how can I unhide the taskbar whenever...
  8. Videos when played have green screen and not the actual video.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos when played have green screen and not the actual video.: Whenever i try to play saved videos, I can only see a green screen and not the actual video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-when-played-have-green-screen-and-not-the/9eaed6b0-a26c-491d-8b81-f40056ab5199
  9. green screen when videos play

green screen when videos play: New Acer laptop, the videos (youtube etc.) play audio but only a green screen on video. The frames can be seen along the progress bar (sorry don't know terminology). How can I fix this? I have Windows 10 Home...
  10. Dark screen when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dark screen when playing video: I have an issue with playing any type of video, both stored in the computer and streamed from the internet or Netflix. The colors of the screen are changing and I see everything in grayish tint. But I perfectly see a cursor, a toolbar, search bar etc. I use Toshiba with...