Windows 10: Screen flipping after sleep or shut down

Discus and support Screen flipping after sleep or shut down in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time my Surface Go is turned back on, it flips the screen from landscape to flipped portrait. While it's not a huge hassle to reset it, I'd like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TMBeatty, Nov 10, 2020.

1. TMBeatty Win User

Screen flipping after sleep or shut down

Every time my Surface Go is turned back on, it flips the screen from landscape to flipped portrait. While it's not a huge hassle to reset it, I'd like to able to go into a meeting without having to reset my computer screen every time. I've tried the screen rotation lock but it doesn't help.

:)

TMBeatty, Nov 10, 2020

2. Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 10, 2020
  3. PC not shutting down or sleeping

Hi Felipe,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern about the shutting down or sleeping in Windows 10. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before this issue happens?
    • Any changes made to your hardware?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
    • Have you also tried
      updating your drivers
      ?

We also found a helpful response from Yashwanth Kotakuri on July 7, 2016 in this

thread
    . This will give you steps that resolve the same issue.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Anthony Gal, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Screen flipping after sleep or shut down

Screen Sleep

Hi Al,

You can disable screen sleep by configuring the Power Settings. To configure the Power Settings, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Power & Sleep.
    • Under Sleep, select Never from the drop-down menu.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Screen flipping after sleep or shut down

1. Screen flipping after sleep or shut down - Similar Threads - Screen flipping sleep

2. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc shuts down after sleep: the pc shuts down when i wake it from sleep mode, that issue happened last months i geuss but i restarted it and it was solved but now it happened again and i need to slove it so i hope someone help me....
  3. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc shuts down after sleep: the pc shuts down when i wake it from sleep mode, that issue happened last months i geuss but i restarted it and it was solved but now it happened again and i need to slove it so i hope someone help me....
  4. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  6. Shut Down/Reboot After Going to Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shut Down/Reboot After Going to Sleep: Hi,When my computer goes to sleep it seems to reboot or restart.So when I wake it up and sign in, everything I was working on is gone. My browser has shut down, my documents, everything. My browser says that it didn't shut down properly during restart but I never restarted my...
  7. "Sleep" is shutting down pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Sleep" is shutting down pc.: my pc used to "go to sleep" without any issue. latly ive install my windows on protable ssd drive, and since then "Sleep" is shutting down pc. the option "sleep" is visible but i acutually turning of pc. what does this happen? is it related to the fact the the system is...
  8. Sleep occcasionallly shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep occcasionallly shuts down: About one in ten times, W10 Pro (64-bit) shuts down instead of auto-sleeps. This began after a z390a motherboard was replaced by an identical board. Every suggestion at this site has been tried. SFC is clean. The latest Intel MEI is installed. Video driver is up-to-date....
  9. Sleep and Shut Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  10. Blue Screen after shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after shut down: Posting this issue with the hopes that maybe some one else has this blue screen pop up after they shut down their computer, hoping that maybe I can find a fix for this issue. Upon shutting down within maybe four seconds we get the following blue screen. Smiley Face icon-...