Windows 10: Screen freeze into complete crash

Discus and support Screen freeze into complete crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not very well-versed with identifying system issues on Windows. I have recently started having days when my system will freeze completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatthewFritsch1, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Screen freeze into complete crash

Hi,

I'm not very well-versed with identifying system issues on Windows. I have recently started having days when my system will freeze completely mouse, display, input, etc. though I can often still hear audio playing in the background. Sometimes the freeze will cause a reboot, and sometimes it will just hang permanently.

I am happy to provide system specifications if needed. Right now I'm trying to figure out if my boot drive is just overheating often reaches 60C+ which I don't think is too hot.

Here is my "Problem Details" output:

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 193
    Parameter 1: 80f
    Parameter 2: ffffffffc0000017
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_19042
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033

Any insight? I'm at a loss right now, and the issue doesn't occur on my other operating system.

:)

MatthewFritsch1, Feb 27, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 27, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 27, 2021
  4. vinsterX Win User

Screen freeze into complete crash

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Screen freeze into complete crash

1. Screen freeze into complete crash - Similar Threads - Screen freeze complete

2. Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod: Hi, I have issues with my pc freezing, crashing and showing bsod. It doesnt matter what im doing playing video games, web browsing or doing something in adobe programs, etc.I tried reinstalling windows, deleting drivers, changing bios setting. Nothing helped.My system is:...
  3. Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod: Hi, I have issues with my pc freezing, crashing and showing bsod. It doesnt matter what im doing playing video games, web browsing or doing something in adobe programs, etc.I tried reinstalling windows, deleting drivers, changing bios setting. Nothing helped.My system is:...
  4. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANLED BSOD and complete screen freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANLED BSOD and complete screen freezes: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANLED BSOD just seems to happen randomly but almost never with steam games upsometimes i get complete screen freezes, as in my monitor's feed is still and nor my keyboard or mouse work. I haven't tried waiting a while to see if something happens but if...
  5. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANLED BSOD and complete screen freezes

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANLED BSOD and complete screen freezes: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANLED BSOD just seems to happen randomly but almost never with steam games upsometimes i get complete screen freezes, as in my monitor's feed is still and nor my keyboard or mouse work. I haven't tried waiting a while to see if something happens but if...
  6. Freezing Screen, eventual crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing Screen, eventual crash.: I've used Event Viewer and it appears bugcheck is responsible for my crashing, this is happening periodically, sometimes when I return from Sleep or Hibernate othertimes in the middle of using an application and I haven't been able to pin it down, any help would be...
  7. blue screen freeze crashing

blue screen freeze crashing: So for a few days now I had this problem and didn't think anything of it, but I've had enough. When I start up a game, I can play for around five minutes and then it freezes for a long timeabout 5 minutes then a blue screen shows up. I don't know if it's from an app or from a...
  8. blue screen freeze crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blue screen freeze crashing: So for a few days now I had this problem and didn't think anything of it, but I've had enough. When I start up a game, I can play for around five minutes and then it freezes for a long timeabout 5 minutes then a blue screen shows up. I don't know if it's from an app or from a...
  9. PC Crashes into black screen and restarts or complete freeze then restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes into black screen and restarts or complete freeze then restart.: My PC has an issue of constantly restarting or complete freezing while playing games or after playing games that are demanding in performance. I changed almost everything in the PC. I changed the GPU, CASE for better airflow, PowerSupply because I thought the powersupply...
  10. Pc crashes / freezes up completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc crashes / freezes up completely: A few months / weeks ago my pc startet freezing up completely, i get no error codes no nothing. It just stops and freezes. Microsoft's support service is to no help what so ever, therefor im resulting to this forum. Ill post any logs needed, the problem has gotten bad lately,...