Windows 10: Screen freezes after refreshing on a boot

Discus and support Screen freezes after refreshing on a boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I start my PC and refresh it, The screen instantly freezes and I cant select any icon. It happens every time. The comes to normal after about 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HiteshSonawane, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Screen freezes after refreshing on a boot

When I start my PC and refresh it, The screen instantly freezes and I cant select any icon. It happens every time. The comes to normal after about 5 minutes. What can I do?

:)

HiteshSonawane, Mar 28, 2020
  2. MikeTyson Win User

Computer won't Get Past Boot Screen

Basically just made a new PC

ASUS P5LP-LE
    X1300 PCI-E
    2GB 533MHz
    Win Xp Pro SP3

all worked amazingly. uninstalled video drivers. windows did some updates before it shut down. shut down ok, then i changed the graphics card from x1300 to 7950gt, and it freezes on boot screen

switched back to x1300, still freezes on boot screen.

set jumper to clear cmos, turned pc on, freezes at boot screen again

then i put x850xt in, freezes at boot screen. removed 6 pin power connector to x850xt, get a warning that says "NO POWER CONNECTOR TO GRAPHICS CARD", so i turn off and connect it. still freezes at boot screen.

fucking hell, all i did was swiTch a graphics card, then when i put it back it doesnt care!!

WHAT !

seriously i spent all day fixing this thing up and now it just fucks me over, im so annoyed

any suggestions?

MikeTyson, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Win10 Email refresh?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Mail app.

• In top right corner you will find a refresh button

• Click on refresh button and check if it sync with the account

If the issue still persists I suggest you to provide us the screen shot of the issue.

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Screen freezes after refreshing on a boot

Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Screen freezes after refreshing on a boot

1. Screen freezes after refreshing on a boot - Similar Threads - Screen freezes refreshing

2. refresh rate resetting every time after booting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    refresh rate resetting every time after booting.: I run on windows 11 home.I have a asus tuf a15 2023 with rtx4060 and amd radeon 7533. and my laptop screen supports 144hz refresh rate. but every time after booting my laptop i need to go to the settings and change the refresh rate to 144hz as it resets to 60hz every single...
  3. refresh rate resetting every time after booting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    refresh rate resetting every time after booting.: I run on windows 11 home.I have a asus tuf a15 2023 with rtx4060 and amd radeon 7533. and my laptop screen supports 144hz refresh rate. but every time after booting my laptop i need to go to the settings and change the refresh rate to 144hz as it resets to 60hz every single...
  4. My PC freezes completely after i do " REFRESH "

My PC freezes completely after i do " REFRESH ": My PC freezes on Desktop after i do " REFRESH " *RIGHT CLICK & REFRESH ON DESKTOP* and it wont work anymore ? this never happened to me before it started yesterday and today any Solution ? i checked everything on my setup everything is good and i dont know whats going on it...
  5. My PC freezes completely after i do " REFRESH "

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC freezes completely after i do " REFRESH ": My PC freezes on Desktop after i do " REFRESH " *RIGHT CLICK & REFRESH ON DESKTOP* and it wont work anymore ? this never happened to me before it started yesterday and today any Solution ? i checked everything on my setup everything is good and i dont know whats going on it...
  6. Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting.

Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting.: I turned on my windows laptop today only to find that nothing worked. Every three seconds the screen would flash white and the desktop/taskbar would appear to refresh. I cant open any apps unless I use task manager and I cant use any windows function. Scanning for corrupted...
  7. Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting.

Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting.: I turned on my windows laptop today only to find that nothing worked. Every three seconds the screen would flash white and the desktop/taskbar would appear to refresh. I cant open any apps unless I use task manager and I cant use any windows function. Scanning for corrupted...
  8. Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Weird Freezing After Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Freezing After Boot: Hello there, I have had an issue that is very odd on my computer recently. Sometimes when I boot up my computer or wake it from sleep sometimes after use for about 5 minutes all internet access will stop and the computer will freeze. I can click around tabs however the whole...
  10. Black Screen On Boot or Freezing at Logon Screen

Black Screen On Boot or Freezing at Logon Screen: I just performed a complete, clean installation of Windows 10 x64 on my upgraded PC. I have a strange issue where my PC now freezes up at the logon screen. I have an MSI MPG Gaming Edge motherboard and so when I boot up my PC, the EDGE logo comes up, and then the blue squares...