Windows 10: Screen freezes after Windows 10 upgrading to 1809

Discus and support Screen freezes after Windows 10 upgrading to 1809 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The screen freezes and clicking the cursor anywhere on the screen is invalid.Sometimes right-clicking the cursor in the taskbar is valid, but I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ·墨, Feb 14, 2019.

1. ·墨 Win User

Screen freezes after Windows 10 upgrading to 1809

The screen freezes and clicking the cursor anywhere on the screen is invalid.Sometimes right-clicking the cursor in the taskbar is valid, but I can't click on any item in the list.If this happens while I'm using the browser(all browser), the page content won't be affected. Other problems with the browser, such as: clicking on the title bar causes the page to close, clicking on a random favorites page will open all favorites pages.and so on.
    After I pressed Ctrl + Alt + Delete to enter the options interface, the computer returned to normal.
    This happens randomly when I'm using a computer, and it happened frequently.I reinstalled the system many times and went back to 1803 without solving this problem.
    How do I solve it once and for all?

:)

·墨, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Screen freezes after Windows 10 upgrading to 1809 - Similar Threads - Screen freezes upgrading

2. Windows 10 freezing after SSD Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing after SSD Upgrade: My laptop after upgrade SSD show that problem random freezing --logs active https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvbL0EEkC_WWgSDYgA5S-ohF3S2v hp envy x360 windows 10 8 G ram 1 T HDD secondary 256 G SSD Adata XPG 6000pro primary...
  3. Windows 10 freezes after ssd upgrade.

Windows 10 freezes after ssd upgrade.: I owned a lenovo legion y520-15ikbn: I5-7300hq Gtx1050-2gb 12gb of ram 1tb seagate hdd 256gb adata xpg sx6000lite(new). So after i install the nvme ssd, i downloaded and install w10 on it. But im facing constant freeze when im playing games, open mozilla firefox and...
  4. Windows 10 1809 freezing

Windows 10 1809 freezing: It's ba-ack. Periodic freezing, requiring manual restart. Once, it even froze on restart. This was fixed once. Any suggestions or do I have to wait for the autumn update :). Dell XPS 8700, i7 processor, 24 gb of RAM. Windows 10 pro 64 bit version 1809. One Drive is not...
  5. Windows 10 Maps freezing after updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Maps freezing after updating to 1809: We used to recommend windows maps application to our customer. But recently after updating to 1809. We received reports from our customers that the maps application is freezing and sometimes crashing when losing internet connectivity. We already tried to download the offline...
  6. Windows 1809 Freezes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1809 Freezes.: Issue has occurred on every install I attempt.Install over 1803,Clean boot with Av uninstalled and even a clean install.Numerous posters seem to be having the same issue.Any info on this?...
  7. Restarts and Freezes after Windows 10 upgrade

Restarts and Freezes after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi, I have an Acer Laptop and just cloned my Windows 7 installation to a new SSD and upgraded to Windows 10 (Please see system info below). I then updated all drivers that could be updated. Everything went smoothly and seemed to be running fine. But today, every time I...
  8. Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep

Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep: Hi, This Windows 10 (1809) is really a troublemaker. I make my surface book 2 computer sleep by the power button and Windows Start > Power > Sleep. When I wake it up, it freezes. I have to restart for each time because I cannot use it after wake up. How can I solve this...
  9. Upgrade to Windows 10 1809

Upgrade to Windows 10 1809: What to do? Nothing happens ... P.s. Windows Version 10 1803 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-10-1809/b72600a2-61a6-470c-b303-a267415329bb
  10. Windows 10 keeps freezing after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 keeps freezing after upgrade.: It's been a while since I've upgraded to Windows 10 but the problem still exists. To leave this short, when I'm doing something like watching a movie, installing files, browsing the web, playing a game, etc. My computer just becomes completely unresponsive. I can't move my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. java issue rightclick freeze

2. windows 10.pro freezes.after ssis setup

3. windows 10 1809 freezes

4. zx6971 keeps freeezing on windows update 1809,
  5. upgraded to 1809 and firefox keeps crashing,
  6. windows 10 upgrade 1809 crash,
  7. windows 10 hangs after sleep 1809,
  8. windows 10 freezes when i right click,
  9. windows 10 hangs after hibernate,
  10. unlocking windows 1809 takes 30 secs in place upgrade,
  11. windows 10 version 1809 freezing,