Windows 10: Screen freezes and begins to brighten, sound continues

Discus and support Screen freezes and begins to brighten, sound continues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so i just signed up to ask for help with this problem as i couldn't find anyone having the same issue. --- the problem?: the screen occasionally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by O2flan, Jan 17, 2019.

1. O2flan Win User

Screen freezes and begins to brighten, sound continues

so i just signed up to ask for help with this problem as i couldn't find anyone having the same issue.

---

the problem?: the screen occasionally freezes (all movement on it stops but sound continues like there's no freeze), after freezing the screen starts getting brighter and brighter until eventually (after a few minutes) it becomes completely white. at that point i can press the power button to send the laptop to sleep mode and open it again in a few minutes (at times, i open it and everything is back to normal) or long press the power button and force a shutdown.

when does it occur?: it seems to happen most often while im playing games although it has happened at complete random too.

solutions ive tried (and did not work): -sfc / scannow, -antivirus scan (both win defender and other apps), -driver updates, -system updates, -throughout sift through startups and processes(autoruns, procexp), -reliability history (nothing suspicious found)

does anyone have an idea how to stop this from happening?

---

hopefully ive posted this in the right section and understand where the system specs that i provided on signup are.

:)

O2flan, Jan 17, 2019

2. Screen freezing but sound continues

Screen freezes and begins to brighten, sound continues [​IMG]

Looks like AsusTek have a later sound driver than the one showing in your DXDiag report

BugMeister, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Zeel Win User
    Screen freezing but sound continues

Thanks for the tip there. I've now udated the drivers for my sound card. Unfortunately it didn't help - still the occasional freeze. But that was well worth trying definitely.

So a few things I've done:

• Updated graphics card drivers
    • Checked for viruses
    • Put RAM in dual channel configuration (both slots 2 and 4, and 1 and 3)
    • Used just one (4GB) stick of RAM at a time - both sticks
    • Updated sound card drivers
    • Run CCleaner
    • Cleaned out any dust from inside the case

All good ideas, but none have helped unfortunately. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd be eager to hear. If not - the tips so far have been much appreciated. Thank you for those. I could look around for an old graphics card somewhere just to try out, see if that helps. I don't mind replacing that (or any other component), but just want to know which one to replace first! Screen freezes and begins to brighten, sound continues :)

4. malonet3 Win User

brighten screen

I am trying to brighten my screen but for some reason when I go to the display screen it doesn't give me the option to brighten my screen only to turn the nightlight on or off but even when I click on it nothing changes.

malonet3, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Screen freezes and begins to brighten, sound continues - Similar Threads - Screen freezes begins

2. sound is not begin play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound is not begin play: In the last appeal I could not delete the file voxaldriverx64.sys which is on the way C:\Windows\System32\driverI deleted it via safe mode. But now the sound does not work for me not on the speaker built into the laptop, nor in the earphone. Help please...
  3. sound is not begin play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound is not begin play: In the last appeal I could not delete the file voxaldriverx64.sys which is on the way C:\Windows\System32\driverI deleted it via safe mode. But now the sound does not work for me not on the speaker built into the laptop, nor in the earphone. Help please...
  4. sound is not begin play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Buzzing Sound/Freezing Screen then continue to act normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Buzzing Sound/Freezing Screen then continue to act normal: Hey everybody!Let me explain what is happening: I got my new computer like 3 weeks ago. I installed the drivers, provided by the manufacturer. After using my lap top for like 4-5 hours, when watching videos or playing games, the screen freezes while a buzzing sound goes on,...
  6. Videos brighten in full screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Videos brighten in full screen: I just got a Sense 27" monitor and am facing a strange problem. I use MPC-BE player and when playing in a window all is okay. When I go to full screen the picture gets very bright and returns to normal returning to window. Don't know if it's the screen or windows settings or...
  7. Screen automatic brightening?

Screen automatic brightening?: When I open up word or play games on my laptop the brightness always automatically goes to 100% brightness. I don't know why it does this but it is super annoying especially when I work on school work in the middle of the night. Please help...
  8. Screen randomly dims or brightens

Screen randomly dims or brightens: My HP laptop recently started dimming or brightening randomly, while plugged in to charge. And for the past month my battery dies quickly with usage. I had to install a couple new apps, but they're through Microsoft store, and are off when not in use. What is happening?...
  9. brighten screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    brighten screen: I am trying to brighten my screen but for some reason when I go to the display screen it doesn't give me the option to brighten my screen only to turn the nightlight on or off but even when I click on it nothing changes....
  10. Screen freezing but sound continues

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen freezing but sound continues: Over the past week or so I'm getting occasional screen freezes - at first it was while gaming (World of Warcraft), but I'm finding the same thing can occur when I'm only using a web browser (Firefox), without WoW running at all. Today this happened while I was watching a...