Windows 10: Screen freezes and forces me to restart

Discus and support Screen freezes and forces me to restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm not to sure why it freezes. The PC has quite regularly done this, ever since I got it and mostly while playing games. I made sure all the drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jack sztypa, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Screen freezes and forces me to restart

I'm not to sure why it freezes. The PC has quite regularly done this, ever since I got it and mostly while playing games. I made sure all the drivers were up to date with DriverEasy, but it still manages to freeze. Is there something I missed? Reliability history and event viewer can't find anything wrong.

:)

jack sztypa, Mar 4, 2021
  2. dbldee Win User

Freezes on restart

Device is up to date, however from either the Start menu or Command prompt Windows freezes at manufacturer splash screen on restart, requiring hard shutdown,
    This returns even after clean install of Windows 10

suggestions or recommendations *Sick

dbldee, Mar 4, 2021
  3. K_0503 Win User
    Restart causes screen to freeze at restart screen.

I have been have screen freeze on restart since Win 10, Anniversary Update applied 11 days ago. Have had to force shutdown each time I try restart. Version 1607, build 14393.222

K_0503, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Screen freezes and forces me to restart

Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Screen freezes and forces me to restart

1. Screen freezes and forces me to restart - Similar Threads - Screen freezes forces

2. PC Freezes Randomly forcing me to manually restart it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes Randomly forcing me to manually restart it: Hi My PC freezes randomly can be fine for days or freeze every day, or when its just idling , only current fix i have is to restart the PC, i cant quite put my finger on what's coursing it.iv checked the bios to make sure its nothing there as the board accepts intel gen 11...
  3. PC Freezes Randomly forcing me to manually restart it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes Randomly forcing me to manually restart it: Hi My PC freezes randomly can be fine for days or freeze every day, or when its just idling , only current fix i have is to restart the PC, i cant quite put my finger on what's coursing it.iv checked the bios to make sure its nothing there as the board accepts intel gen 11...
  4. Windows freezing and forcing restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows freezing and forcing restart loop: I have resolved this issue for the time being, but I’m not completely sure how, and I want to know anything I can do in the future if it happens again, or anything I can do now to prevent it from happening again. I was trying to connect to my wifi when my laptop Lenovo froze....
  5. Freeze on windows 11 forces me to restart windows explorer

Freeze on windows 11 forces me to restart windows explorer: I bought a new notebook, a Dell G15 with a Ryzen 7 5800H and a RTX 3060, and i have a issue that i think its from software, as the hardware seems ok, sometimes my pc have a weird semi freeze, it doesnt open the windows start menu, the microsoft edge freezes, i cant acess the...
  6. Freeze on windows 11 forces me to restart windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freeze on windows 11 forces me to restart windows explorer: I bought a new notebook, a Dell G15 with a Ryzen 7 5800H and a RTX 3060, and i have a issue that i think its from software, as the hardware seems ok, sometimes my pc have a weird semi freeze, it doesnt open the windows start menu, the microsoft edge freezes, i cant acess the...
  7. PC Freezes forcing me to manually restart it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezes forcing me to manually restart it: My pc specs: OS: Windows Pro 20H2Intel i9 10900KRTX 3080 8GB Vram32GB RamMy pc freezes forcing me to restart it manually. At first i thought it was a problem related to League of Legends running in the background, because everytime the crashes happens the game is running so...
  8. PC Freezes forcing me to manually restart it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes forcing me to manually restart it: My pc specs: OS: Windows Pro 20H2Intel i9 10900KRTX 3080 8GB Vram32GB RamMy pc freezes forcing me to restart it manually. At first i thought it was a problem related to League of Legends running in the background, because everytime the crashes happens the game is running so...
  9. PC Freezes forcing me to manually restart it

10. Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.: So I've had this random freeze crash for a while now. It happens entirely at random, sometimes while I'm gaming and sometimes just while I'm sitting on my desktop with nothing open. The biggest annoyance is that I recently just wiped my hard drive and completely reset my...