Windows 10: Screen freezes, blank, usually when netflix or browser app is running

Discus and support Screen freezes, blank, usually when netflix or browser app is running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is frequently getting blue screens and monitor black out. They all occurred quite randomly. Windows 10 ver 20H2 AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.9 ghz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SoyaC, Feb 23, 2021.

1. SoyaC Win User

Screen freezes, blank, usually when netflix or browser app is running

My laptop is frequently getting blue screens and monitor black out. They all occurred quite randomly.

Windows 10 ver 20H2
    AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.9 ghz

with internal radeon graphics card

nvidia Geforce RTX 2060

16GB RAM

Memory test was done, all 8 passes without issue.

A few memory dump files that might be related.

Stop code: System Service Exception
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5j54zj7u72rx63/021921-12234-01.dmp?dl=0

Stop code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESSS OR EQUAL
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/684mabo0chk90pz/022021-12046-01.dmp

Previously made a report but no responses in the end.
    Original post

Based on the reliability monitor, I realized most of the time the problem occurred hours after an uninformed windows update was made

• Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.331.1372.0
    • Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.331.1475.0
    • Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.331.1622.0

:)

SoyaC, Feb 23, 2021

2. I have some problems in my Windows 10 when i try to run Netflix.

Hello Fenton,

• Are you watching Netflix via browser or Netflix app?
    • If browser then which browser are you using o watch Netflix movies?

If you are using Netflix via Internet Explorer, then we suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps:

Step 1: Disable add-ons and check if you are facing the same issue:

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer

Step 2: Reset Internet Explorer and check:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet
    Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Step 3: If you are using Netflix app, then try the below steps and check:

I would suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Let us know the status of the issue. We ill be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Screen freezes, blank, usually when netflix or browser app is running

NetFlix App

Hi Adrianoe,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Is the issue confined to Netflix apps?
    Try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Windows UI App Troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue. Check if it runs fine:

Refer the following link to run the troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Method 2:

Uninstall the App, restart the system and then try re-installing the App from Store.

Follow these steps.

a) Right click on the Netflix, click on
    Uninstall.

b) Click on store.

c) Search for Netflix App.

d) Click on Install.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Screen freezes, blank, usually when netflix or browser app is running

1. Screen freezes, blank, usually when netflix or browser app is running - Similar Threads - Screen freezes blank

2. Laptop suddenly freezes with blank random color screen when running in battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop suddenly freezes with blank random color screen when running in battery: It usually seems to happen when RAM or CPU usage becomes higher regardless of battery charge happened when battery is around 70% as well as 35%. The only way I can resume is by force shutdown & restart keeping it plugged in. Battery life doesn't seem to have reduced. I have...
  3. Laptop suddenly freezes with blank random color screen when running in battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop suddenly freezes with blank random color screen when running in battery: It usually seems to happen when RAM or CPU usage becomes higher regardless of battery charge happened when battery is around 70% as well as 35%. The only way I can resume is by force shutdown & restart keeping it plugged in. Battery life doesn't seem to have reduced. I have...
  4. Laptop suddenly freezes with blank random color screen when running in battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Netflix freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix freeze: I open the Netflix app and it starts to freeze when I go full screen.My windows version: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netflix-freeze/0dedcdfe-f8a5-4faf-8527-e3c81b514fe2
  6. Netflix freeze

Netflix freeze: I open the Netflix app and it starts to freeze when I go full screen.My windows version: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netflix-freeze/0dedcdfe-f8a5-4faf-8527-e3c81b514fe2
  7. Netflix app freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix app freezes my laptop: Occasionally when using the Netflix app, my whole laptop will freeze, and I have not found any way to get out of it without having to force shut down nor find the reason why it does that.It sometimes happens randomly, mostly when it transitions into playback, but I noticed it...
  8. Netflix app freezes my laptop

Netflix app freezes my laptop: Occasionally when using the Netflix app, my whole laptop will freeze, and I have not found any way to get out of it without having to force shut down nor find the reason why it does that.It sometimes happens randomly, mostly when it transitions into playback, but I noticed it...
  9. Run VBScript when opening Netflix App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run VBScript when opening Netflix App: Is this possible? I have a script that will turn HDR on/off in Windows and it works really well, but launching Netflix (the only reason I'd like to turn on HDR) from Kodi is clumsy and I'd like to have it run when I open the app. I tried Bill2's process manager already and it...
  10. Netflix freezes full screen.

Netflix freezes full screen.: Hi Everyone, Two week ago I upgraded to windows 10 and immediately installed a new SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD Drive. All is working fine with the exception of Netflix that freezes avery minute or so in medium and full screen, (works ok in minimized screen). I understand...