Windows 10: Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.

Discus and support Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ive had this for a while now, and ive tried every single fucking article on the internet. Microsoft Support does not help me. This didnt happen in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fluffabuser3241, May 17, 2020.

1. Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.

Ive had this for a while now, and ive tried every single fucking article on the internet. Microsoft Support does not help me. This didnt happen in windows 8.1, even though i did a clean install.

Specs:

CPU: AMD A6-6310 with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics

GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics

Memory: 8,0 GB

System type: 64 bits, 64x processor.

HP All-In-One

Ask me in the comments for more specs.

submitted by /u/Fluffabuser3241
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fluffabuser3241, May 17, 2020

2. Plugging in second screen makes built-in display + second screen go blank

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please share these details.

1) Are you connecting the second monitor through the VGA or the HDMI port?

2) What is the make and model of the second monitor?

This issue could be caused due to some incorrect settings or due to an incompatible driver. I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

First, I would suggest you to check if you have configured the second screen correctly. It depends on which settings you have selected for the second monitor. You can extend, duplicate or choose only the second screen to be ON. If you have selected only the
    second screen to be ON and if the second screen is not compatible, then both the screen might appear black. Refer to this article to check if you have configured the second screen correctly:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the graphic card driver from the manufacturer website and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the graphic card driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Display Adaptor” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Display Adaptor” and click on “uninstall" the graphic card driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this answers your query. You can write back to us for further queries/issues related to windows and we will be glad to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 17, 2020
  3. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, May 17, 2020
  4. kiowa Win User

Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.

Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

Just to add a new comment. My old laptop -ThinkPad Levono 11e- after an upgrade to SSD and new memory, it started acting exactly as described above. I installed the AMD Radeon Crimson and all the updates that come with it, and solved the problem. It does not freeze every 2 seconds anymore !!!
    Here is a list of a few things that I tried before this solution: fresh Windows 10 reset (keeping my files & deleting all of them), power management change, scanning multiple times for all the hardware and software.
    Thank you for post about using the 'old' AMD Radeon driver!

kiowa, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.

1. Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds. - Similar Threads - Screen freezes second

2. Screen freezes every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen freezes every second: My screen freezes for second and then get back to normal but starts doing it again. When I disable display driver it works normally. Also, when Im in game, fps drops at 0....
  3. Screen freezes every second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen freezes every second: My screen freezes for second and then get back to normal but starts doing it again. When I disable display driver it works normally. Also, when Im in game, fps drops at 0....
  4. Screen freezes every second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 freezing every 2 seconds.

Windows 10 freezing every 2 seconds.: Hey i have a problem i started upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and once windows 10 loaded i relized that the screen freezes for 2-1 seconds and every 2-1 seconds. On windows 8.1 it dosent have that problem. Its a problem i went to youtube when a youtube video loads...
  6. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  7. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  8. Windows 10 - Constant Freezing every 2 seconds

Windows 10 - Constant Freezing every 2 seconds: Hi, So I had a problem with my laptop freezing for about a second every ~2seconds. I clean installed windows and the problem persisted. I found a problem with my hard drive so I got a new one and replaced it. The problem still persisted. I have a hard drive with linux...
  9. Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time: Hey peeps! I'm helping a friend update her HP laptop (15-n204eo) to Win10 from 8. Problem is that after the update, the computer freezes every 1-2 seconds for 1-2 seconds. It is constant and never stops. Drivers are up to date and so it Windows itself. I've tried a...
  10. Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.: Hello. I need Help Regarding my Laptop Freezing Problem. My Laptop Hardware. Intel Core i7 4510U 2.0 GHZ 1TB HDD 8GB RAM Intel Build in graphics card Windows 10 Home x64bit My Issue is that my computer is keep Freezing for two or 3 seconds or some time more....