Windows 10: Screen freezes here at boot up, I am booting up from a external drive, and I have it...

Discus and support Screen freezes here at boot up, I am booting up from a external drive, and I have it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EthanB222 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EthanB222, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Screen freezes here at boot up, I am booting up from a external drive, and I have it...

/u/EthanB222, Dec 26, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Laptop won't boot with new external hard drive attached.

The problem is probably in your BIOS . . .

• Plug in the external HDD
    • Boot into BIOS
    • Make sure the external drive is not above your internal HDD in the boot order list
    • Enable or disable USB Legacy Boot, whichever setting allows your system to boot with the external HDD plugged in . . .

DaveM121, Dec 26, 2020
  3. how to boot an OS dvd from an external dvd rom?

If the drive is USB, then just hit the hotkey to choose the device you wish to boot first when you are in BIOS screen (usually F12), then just select your drive on the list.

Blue-Knight, Dec 26, 2020
  4. random Win User

Screen freezes here at boot up, I am booting up from a external drive, and I have it...

PC freezing / Not booting.

Have you tried diagnosing your hard drive? Test it on a different machine or plug in a boot drive and see if the freezing occurs.

random, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Screen freezes here at boot up, I am booting up from a external drive, and I have it...

1. Screen freezes here at boot up, I am booting up from a external drive, and I have it... - Similar Threads - Screen freezes here

2. I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,: Recently I downloaded pictures from pc to external back-up drive. I am not able to view the pictures. I think I selected the wrong setting to view whats on it. Is there a way to change the setting? I get this error message: "Windows Photo viewer can's t open this picture...
  3. I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,: Recently I downloaded pictures from pc to external back-up drive. I am not able to view the pictures. I think I selected the wrong setting to view whats on it. Is there a way to change the setting? I get this error message: "Windows Photo viewer can's t open this picture...
  4. I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Freezing in boot up, but not Bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freezing in boot up, but not Bios: We have had troubles with the constant freezing in the first initialization of the computer, then constantly crashes/freezes; randomly. Now we thought it was faulty hardware, but we have bought a new motherboard and CPU. We are trying to work on getting the windows...
  6. I am having difficulty in booting windows up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am having difficulty in booting windows up: I have a desktop Windows 10 Pro 64 PC Windows10 Professional x64 Version 2009 build 19042.746 Board:ASRock H81M-HDS 3.60gigahertz Intel Core i7-4790 7866Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Although I have run CHKDSK and been told my disks are healthy my pc does not...
  7. I have two profiles on boot up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have two profiles on boot up: I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It wants to log into an account that is nonexistent on my system. I ran netplwiz on my MS profile so I can just boot to the...
  8. I have two profiles on boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    I have two profiles on boot up: I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It wants to log into an account that is nonexistent on my system. I ran netplwiz on my MS profile so I can just boot to the...
  9. Boot Up From Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Up From Recovery Drive: So, I made a recovery drive on a USB. Easy enough. Now, as far as researching exactly how to get to the boot selection menu should I ever have trouble, I'm seeing like 97 different answers What is the way to get to the boot selection menu? If there are several methods, what...
  10. Boot drive from my old computer won't show up as external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot drive from my old computer won't show up as external drive: Windows 10 version 1903 I recently decided to finally upgrade my Windows 7 system to Windows 10. I bought a new SSD, removed my old SSD, and installed Windows 10 on the new one. This way I'd be able to go back to my old system if I forgot to back something up or just didn't...