Windows 10: Screen freezes then goes black 2 minutes after I turn on the pc or I wake it up from sleep...

Discus and support Screen freezes then goes black 2 minutes after I turn on the pc or I wake it up from sleep... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This has been driving me crazy for so long. When this kind of crash happens I get no blue screen error, my screen just freezes then it goes black after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VaggelisVassiliou, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Screen freezes then goes black 2 minutes after I turn on the pc or I wake it up from sleep...

This has been driving me crazy for so long. When this kind of crash happens I get no blue screen error, my screen just freezes then it goes black after 5 seconds, the rgb on my keyboard and mouse turns off which i guess means they are powered off and the cpu fan is spinning faster. The only thing I can do is press the reset button on my pc or force shut down and then turn it back on. I built my pc almost 2 years ago and this has been happening ever since and in both versions of windows i used windows 10 + 11. I've also upgraded and rolled back the gpu drivers multiple times. NOTHING I've f

:)

VaggelisVassiliou, Dec 4, 2021

2. Screen goes black and won't change till sleep

Basically, when I load up a game the screen goes black. The only way to get out of this is to put the computer to sleep and wake it up. After this there is a chance it will do it all over again.

This problem also seems to happen when I don't use my laptop for 30 minutes or whatever so it turns the screen off. When I wiggle the mouse or hit a key to wake the screen up, there is a chance it will be just black and I have to put it to sleep and wake it up and try again.

Ideas of what is going on? Bumped this on 3/2/2014 because I thought it was fixed a month or so ago but apparently not. Have tried to use ONLY manufacturer drivers with no luck. Updating to latest Nvidia drivers also provides no fix. Something I should do in the bios?

satindemon4u, Dec 4, 2021
  3. pc turns in and goes to a black screen

Screen freezes then goes black 2 minutes after I turn on the pc or I wake it up from sleep... [​IMG]

Screen freezes then goes black 2 minutes after I turn on the pc or I wake it up from sleep... [​IMG]

crazymama77, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Screen freezes then goes black 2 minutes after I turn on the pc or I wake it up from sleep...

Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Hi Anthony,

Does it only happen when waking up the computer from sleep?

To check for possible causes of this issue, we suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Click Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, you may update the Chipset driver from the device manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Screen freezes then goes black 2 minutes after I turn on the pc or I wake it up from sleep...

1. Screen freezes then goes black 2 minutes after I turn on the pc or I wake it up from sleep... - Similar Threads - Screen freezes goes

2. PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up: As per the title, my pc will go to sleep and then not wake up on key press nor with the mouse. To get it to come back on, I have to press the power button which restarts the PC. There is nothing shown in Event Viewer for why it seems to crash or hang, since the tower is still...
  3. PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up: As per the title, my pc will go to sleep and then not wake up on key press nor with the mouse. To get it to come back on, I have to press the power button which restarts the PC. There is nothing shown in Event Viewer for why it seems to crash or hang, since the tower is still...
  4. Screen freezes then goes black 2 minutes after I turn on the pc or I wake it up from sleep...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen freezes then goes black 2 minutes after I turn on the pc or I wake it up from sleep...: This has been driving me crazy for so long. When this kind of crash happens I get no blue screen error, my screen just freezes then it goes black after 5 seconds, the rgb on my keyboard and mouse turns off which i guess means they are powered off and the cpu fan is spinning...
  5. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 2 minutes after the PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 2 minutes after the PC wakes from sleep: Hello, I consistently get a BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE exactly 2 minutes after the PC wakes from sleep. Disabling sleep is not an option. Using WinDbg on C:\Windows\MEMORY 031020 614pm.DMP: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18362.1 AMD64 Copyright c...
  6. PC get fozen for minutes after wake up from Sleep

PC get fozen for minutes after wake up from Sleep: After waking UP my desktop get completely frozen for 1 minute more or less .... Windows 10 version 1909... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-get-fozen-for-minutes-after-wake-up-from-sleep/de925401-5344-44b8-920a-9647d36844af
  7. PC Goes Black When Waking from Sleep - Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Goes Black When Waking from Sleep - Help!: When my PC wakes up from sleep the monitor goes black. And most times when this happens the only thing visible is the last program I used. All other programs I cant access. Everything else is dark. How do I fix this? 68611
  8. Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???: Although set to sleep after an hour while on power, it goes to sleep after 2 minutes. Before the Win 10 upgrade, whatever I set power conservation at was what the laptop followed. Never had any problems until now... Any thoughts? Thanks, Bruce 43893
  9. Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes

Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes: When I open the lid on my laptop the lights all come on but then it takes 1 - 2 minutes for the desktop to appear. Just a black screen. I have it set to sleep when the lid closes. I did a factory install recovery and then put on Windows 10. I have checked all the...
  10. Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.: Hello, Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop. When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it automatically goes to a black screen now after 2-3 minutes. When I then touch a button or the mouse, it goes back to normal screen, and I...