Windows 10: Screen Freezes turns to black screen then back to normal display issue

Discus and support Screen Freezes turns to black screen then back to normal display issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day, Im not sure if this can be considered a BSOD issue, but hear me out. Im using Win10 Ver 1809 ive been experiencing this quite often these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LivingCell0813, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Screen Freezes turns to black screen then back to normal display issue

Good day,

Im not sure if this can be considered a BSOD issue, but hear me out. Im using Win10 Ver 1809

ive been experiencing this quite often these days. My screen freezes turns to black screen then back to normal. Its weird coz I play a lot of games but this happens randomnly whenever I play this mmorpg Dragon Nest. I've check the event viewer and i found this event ID 4101 saying "Display driver amdkmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I kinda have the same issue with this guy, Black screen and shutdown on Dragon Nest Solved - Page 3 - Windows 7 Help Forums and I tried doing the verifier thing, but right after restarting i get this driver-verifier-detected-violation something, ur pc ran into an error blah blah. so i tried running it on safe mode to disable verifier. I also tried doing the TDR thing but no luck. I dont really know what im doing. I purely rely on trial and error basis. Please see attached. Hope you can guide me with this one. Thank you!

:)

LivingCell0813, Jun 3, 2020

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Screen freeze

'screen freeze' is a very vague term.

Can you describe the issue with more detail?

ex: the image on screen freezes, but i can hit the power button and windows shuts down normally, and i can hear sounds in the background.

Mussels, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Screen Freezes turns to black screen then back to normal display issue

Black Screen, Screen Flickers, Random Freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Refer the link below and check if it helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Screen Freezes turns to black screen then back to normal display issue

1. Screen Freezes turns to black screen then back to normal display issue - Similar Threads - Screen Freezes turns

2. Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff800cbd735050Parameter 2: fffff804982463a0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  3. Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff800cbd735050Parameter 2: fffff804982463a0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  4. Screen flashes normal, to black to normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flashes normal, to black to normal: HP laptop 17-cn0xxx.... Win 11 pro...Screen intermittently flashes normal, to black and back to normal... 1 thousand 1, 1 thousand 2, 1 thousand 3.I have ran all Hp and Microsoft trouble shooters to no avail.Trouble shooters say "display driver" is fine."Any program' open,...
  5. Screen flashes normal, to black to normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashes normal, to black to normal: HP laptop 17-cn0xxx.... Win 11 pro...Screen intermittently flashes normal, to black and back to normal... 1 thousand 1, 1 thousand 2, 1 thousand 3.I have ran all Hp and Microsoft trouble shooters to no avail.Trouble shooters say "display driver" is fine."Any program' open,...
  6. Black screen for a while on startup, then goes back to normal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen for a while on startup, then goes back to normal: When I turn My gaming laptop on, it usually takes 20mins due to the black screen. After that, it’s a little slow but fine. Thanks submitted by /u/carterchillman [link] [comments]...
  7. how to change black screen back to normal

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change black screen back to normal: how to change black screen back to normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen/28ba356e-11bf-4b3f-8c93-e96e24999d0a
  8. Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ...: hey there, i got a problem with a dual screen setup. when i boot my computer and turn on monitors my 2nd monitor doesnt stay on. he usualy turns black. then i gotta turn em off and on again like two times before he stays on. when he stays on i can hear a very silent peep...
  9. Screen flashes black and then goes back to normal (dwm.exe)

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen flashes black and then goes back to normal (dwm.exe): Hello! This just started happening Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. I haven't installed anything in that time frame. Right after the event happens I look in the event log for applications and see this : In chronological order this is first Faulting application...
  10. Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse: While using PowerPlanner7, I believe I may have accidentally turned off display or brightness to 0. I am unsure if I successfully made it back to the desktop after rebooting(my attempt to solve the problem). I have tried searching the Internet for shortcuts that re-enable...