Windows 10: Screen freezes, windows media freezes or goes to full black screen

Discus and support Screen freezes, windows media freezes or goes to full black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since I updated Windows 10, a week ago, weird things are happening. Windows Media dissapeared some of the songs. In three separate times, when i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ViVa18, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ViVa18 Win User

Screen freezes, windows media freezes or goes to full black screen

Since I updated Windows 10, a week ago, weird things are happening.

Windows Media dissapeared some of the songs. In three separate times, when i'm switching to skin, instead of showing a small player, the screen turned black although the music was still playing, I had to shut off the laptop.

I had a screen saver and froze two times, I had to shut the thing yet again.

Not happy with "updates" . Please help.

:)

ViVa18, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

Screen freeze

'screen freeze' is a very vague term.

Can you describe the issue with more detail?

ex: the image on screen freezes, but i can hit the power button and windows shuts down normally, and i can hear sounds in the background.

Mussels, Dec 6, 2018
  3. New Computer with Black Screens and Freezes

Earlier today, I purchased a new HP computer with Windows 10 already installed on it. I tried to rip a CD onto the computer, but Windows Media Player freezes and goes to a black screen where I’m not capable of doing anything. I shut down the computer using
    the power switch on my extension cord then turned it back on. Now whenever I try to use anything at all, it will freeze and go to a black screen. The freezing and black screens have been a huge source of frustration for me this evening, especially since it’s
    a brand new computer with no viruses or malware. Is there something I can do to fix this on my own or should I take it to a computer shop for repairs?

GarrisonHaines-Temons, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Nick259 Win User

Friends computer freezing at windows loading screen

Ok my friend is having problems with his computer right now. Basically it crashed on the windows loading screen. This is what he told me on MSN.

Now i'm not too sure what the problem is. I suggested doing a repair install with the xp disk (i'll be giving him that tomorrow) but in the mean time do any of you have any ideas?

Nick259, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen freezes, windows media freezes or goes to full black screen - Similar Threads - Screen freezes media

2. Computer either freezes or goes to black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer either freezes or goes to black screen.: It started around 3-4 months ago. Either when i play games or when the computer is idle it makes no difference the computer either freezes without the option to even open task manager completely frozen or the screens seems to turn off they go black but the computer is still...
  3. Laptop freezes up and screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes up and screen goes black: Hello. Sometimes my laptop an Eluktronics MAX-17 w/ RTX 3060, Ryzen 7 4800H, 16GB RAM will freeze up, any audio playing stops and the screen just goes black, but the backlight or whatever is still on. Not like when you shut it down or put it to sleep and it's just dark. At...
  4. Laptop freezes up and screen goes black

Laptop freezes up and screen goes black: Hello. Sometimes my laptop an Eluktronics MAX-17 w/ RTX 3060, Ryzen 7 4800H, 16GB RAM will freeze up, any audio playing stops and the screen just goes black, but the backlight or whatever is still on. Not like when you shut it down or put it to sleep and it's just dark. At...
  5. PC freezes and screen goes black when starting game in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and screen goes black when starting game in full screen: Whenever I start a game in full screen, my laptop simply locks up. I've tried this with several games, and the result is always the same. It doesn't matter if the game is recent or old, demanding or not, I always get the same result.The screen goes black, and it stops...
  6. PC freezes and screen goes black when starting game in full screen

PC freezes and screen goes black when starting game in full screen: Whenever I start a game in full screen, my laptop simply locks up. I've tried this with several games, and the result is always the same. It doesn't matter if the game is recent or old, demanding or not, I always get the same result.The screen goes black, and it stops...
  7. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black: This afternoon, my monitor screen went black and the PC was unresponsive. No keyboard response either. I shut it off and back on again. It lasted about 4-5 minutes and happened again. This cycle has been going on for several hours, over and over. I updated my video drivers...
  8. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black: This afternoon, my monitor screen went black and the PC was unresponsive. No keyboard response either. I shut it off and back on again. It lasted about 4-5 minutes and happened again. This cycle has been going on for several hours, over and over. I updated my video drivers...
  9. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Screen freezes then goes black.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freezes then goes black.: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffffdc07ca624050 Parameter 2: fffff8034d082298 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_19042 Service Pack:...