Windows 10: Screen freezes, windows media freezes or goes to full black screen

Discus and support Screen freezes, windows media freezes or goes to full black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since I updated Windows 10, a week ago, weird things are happening. Windows Media dissapeared some of the songs. In three separate times, when i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ViVa18, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ViVa18 Win User

Screen freezes, windows media freezes or goes to full black screen

Since I updated Windows 10, a week ago, weird things are happening.

Windows Media dissapeared some of the songs. In three separate times, when i'm switching to skin, instead of showing a small player, the screen turned black although the music was still playing, I had to shut off the laptop.

I had a screen saver and froze two times, I had to shut the thing yet again.

Not happy with "updates" . Please help.

:)

ViVa18, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

Screen freeze

'screen freeze' is a very vague term.

Can you describe the issue with more detail?

ex: the image on screen freezes, but i can hit the power button and windows shuts down normally, and i can hear sounds in the background.

Mussels, Dec 6, 2018
  3. New Computer with Black Screens and Freezes

Earlier today, I purchased a new HP computer with Windows 10 already installed on it. I tried to rip a CD onto the computer, but Windows Media Player freezes and goes to a black screen where I’m not capable of doing anything. I shut down the computer using
    the power switch on my extension cord then turned it back on. Now whenever I try to use anything at all, it will freeze and go to a black screen. The freezing and black screens have been a huge source of frustration for me this evening, especially since it’s
    a brand new computer with no viruses or malware. Is there something I can do to fix this on my own or should I take it to a computer shop for repairs?

GarrisonHaines-Temons, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Nick259 Win User

Friends computer freezing at windows loading screen

Ok my friend is having problems with his computer right now. Basically it crashed on the windows loading screen. This is what he told me on MSN.

Now i'm not too sure what the problem is. I suggested doing a repair install with the xp disk (i'll be giving him that tomorrow) but in the mean time do any of you have any ideas?

Nick259, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen freezes, windows media freezes or goes to full black screen - Similar Threads - Screen freezes media

2. screen freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen freezes: after just 15 minutes of watching a video it just freezes....have to shut down and start up again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-freezes/fef95242-ed07-4164-a260-75e312779435
  3. Black screen and freezes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and freezes?: Other day was playing a game and all the sudden the screen went black and the keyboard froze. It was lit up but neither the numlock nor capslock would light up. Reset the computer and kept going into a boot loop. Was going to reinstall windows on a fresh install. Tried...
  4. Screen Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Freezing: My screen keeps freezing while i'm playing a game and it always happens when the windows prompt to screenshot or record comes up. When my screen does freeze it's only the screen i can still hear the audio from what i'm playing or if i'm talking to anyone i can still talk to...
  5. Laptop freez n black screen

Laptop freez n black screen: My lap for 3 days was freezing after some time of start up...before this happens i had a virus attack ..at that time my McAfee was turned off then i yried to scan them it freezed suddenly .then i reset my pc pc then also i tried image factory reset my pc .then i did fresh...
  6. Continuous Screen Freeze/Black Screen problems

Continuous Screen Freeze/Black Screen problems: By that I mean on a random moment my PC may completely freeze and also the music I may hear and because it freezes it goes like bzzzzzzz... I decided to completely format my PC so it would fix but unfortunately it did not. Do any of you guys know why this happen or if you...
  7. Windows freeze then black screen

Windows freeze then black screen: Hi, Since yesterday, Windows (x64 Pro) keeps freezing with a black screen while gaming (I have to do a forced restart or shutdown), at random intervals of time, sometimes I can play for about 5 minutes, other times for about 40 minutes, other times for even more. Until...
  8. Black screen freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen freeze: When I launch a game I have to wait like a minute until it launches after that a black screen appears, no sound and i cant do anything. I tried pressing windows key l, alt tabbing, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+f4 nothing helps only power button. I have all the latest drivers, did a...
  9. Netflix freezes full screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix freezes full screen.: Hi Everyone, Two week ago I upgraded to windows 10 and immediately installed a new SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD Drive. All is working fine with the exception of Netflix that freezes avery minute or so in medium and full screen, (works ok in minimized screen). I understand...
  10. Windows 10 freezes and black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes and black screen: I have a laptop and welcome/login screen works very slowly but i've managed to wait it out. When my laptop finally logins i get black screen instead of my desktop, all i can see and move is my mouse cursor. But when i Shift+Restart to boot in safe mode or restore pc data i...