Windows 10: Screen freezes

Discus and support Screen freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How can I fix screen freezes that happens constantly, many times during the day.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by t5944by, Jun 25, 2019.

1. t5944by Win User

Screen freezes

How can I fix screen freezes that happens constantly, many times during the day.

:)

t5944by, Jun 25, 2019

2. Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Screen freezes

Screen freeze

'screen freeze' is a very vague term.

Can you describe the issue with more detail?

ex: the image on screen freezes, but i can hit the power button and windows shuts down normally, and i can hear sounds in the background.

Mussels, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Screen freezes

1. Screen freezes - Similar Threads - Screen freezes

2. Windows 10: freezing, spontaneous reboots and blue screen errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: freezing, spontaneous reboots and blue screen errors: My ASUS Strix has been having issues lately in the form of some combination of the following: The computer will freeze and not accept any input, if there was audio playing at the time I get to hear the last fraction of a second of it on repeat until I turn the computer off....
  3. Windows 10 wont install to a fresh new built PC. The screen freezes when I try to install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 wont install to a fresh new built PC. The screen freezes when I try to install...: I just built a new PC and tried to install windows 10. The computer recognizes the chip. And i get to chose which language i will install Windows in ect, but when i come to installing windows the computer freezes. Is it something wrong with the chip? I have the windows chip....
  4. [Windows 10 clean install] Booting from USB freezes on black screen w/dots

[Windows 10 clean install] Booting from USB freezes on black screen w/dots: I recently built a computer (see parts list below) and I am attempting to install Windows 10 via a USB on a new SSD (NOTE: This is a brand new install, I don't have an existing harddrive with Windows on it). I have downloaded the Windows Media tool and formatted the USB...
  5. Windows 10 is now always freezing on first pop-up screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is now always freezing on first pop-up screen: When I initially finished installing windows 10 the system was still restarting properly. I then started to reinstall software for my motherboard and the system restated ok. I then installed Avg, Vlc media player, and adobe and still the system restarted ok. A message popped...
  6. freeze screen in Gears of War4 on W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freeze screen in Gears of War4 on W10: After an hour of playing, the picture freezes, but the sound is still audible. All drivers are updated.. Someone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeze-screen-in-gears-of-war4-on-w10/7935aba6-ee08-48d4-9ef7-dc817d6c9d78
  7. Windows 10 1903 May Update freeze at login screen after update

Windows 10 1903 May Update freeze at login screen after update: Dear community, i have a huge problem with my Desktop PC. It was not possible to install both large updates 1809 and 1903 on my machine. Both updates had the same error however. My Windows is able to recognize the needed update, to download it completely and to install...
  8. Remote Desktop from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro - Freezes upon conection at login screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro - Freezes upon conection at login screen: I have a windows 10 pro laptop, and a windows 7 pro laptop. When I remote in from the 7 to the 10, no problem, works great. But I need to go from the 10 to the 7, and every time I hit connect, it connects to the 7, and shows the windows logo and the circle is spinning and...
  9. Why does my screen go gray and freeze intermittantly after it loads the window screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my screen go gray and freeze intermittantly after it loads the window screen: not related to recent windows updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-screen-go-gray-and-freeze/ca701ac0-c167-4de7-b672-bd4a776fe7b0
  10. Dell G7 keeps freezing and blue-screening, not performing well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell G7 keeps freezing and blue-screening, not performing well: I've had my Dell 67 15 Gaming laptop (model 7588, the higher end configuration) for about 3 days now, and in that period it has blue screened twice, frozen on me thrice, and lost connection to the internet inexplicably multiple times. I've almost every troubleshooter I could,...