Windows 10: Screen Freezing and Flickering. Wondering if hardware malfunction is related

Discus and support Screen Freezing and Flickering. Wondering if hardware malfunction is related in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've been having problems with my display and I'm wondering if this hardware error is related:SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎5/‎21/‎2021... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlaynaP., May 21, 2021.

1. AlaynaP. Win User

Screen Freezing and Flickering. Wondering if hardware malfunction is related

So I've been having problems with my display and I'm wondering if this hardware error is related:SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎5/‎21/‎2021 9:04 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 17dParameter 1: 26Parameter 2: ffff8f88e58a44f0Parameter 3: ffff8f88d95c8a70Parameter 4: fffffe8132ee74

:)

AlaynaP., May 21, 2021

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, May 21, 2021
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, May 21, 2021
  4. Screen Freezing and Flickering. Wondering if hardware malfunction is related

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, May 21, 2021
Thema:

Screen Freezing and Flickering. Wondering if hardware malfunction is related

1. Screen Freezing and Flickering. Wondering if hardware malfunction is related - Similar Threads - Screen Freezing Flickering

2. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze: Around a week ago I started to get this odd glitchy freeze on my main monitor. A small row of pixels glitches for a few seconds and then goes away. This process is repeated every few seconds. Everything below the glitchy pixels is frozen, whereas everything above the pixels...
  3. Screen Flickering and Game Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering and Game Freezing: So I've noticed that when I click the "^" button at the bottom right of the screen, that part flickers. Sometimes, my device manager flickers too. Not only that, when I'm shooting bots and practicing at Valorant my screen loses audio and freezes for a second and it happens...
  4. Screen Flickering and Game Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering and Game Freezing: So I've noticed that when I click the "^" button at the bottom right of the screen, that part flickers. Sometimes, my device manager flickers too. Not only that, when I'm shooting bots and practicing at Valorant my screen loses audio and freezes for a second and it happens...
  5. Screen Flickering and Game Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Roblox's screen flickers and sometimes freezes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox's screen flickers and sometimes freezes.: I got a new computer, it's really good and runs Roblox with 200fps+ easily, I have downloaded the latest driver for my RX6600. But my screen flickers and sometimes freezes but I can still move my mouse, I have tried other games such as Minecraft and COD but it doesn't happen...
  7. Constant Screen Flicker Related to DWM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant Screen Flicker Related to DWM: Can anyone shed some light onto the event viewer entries and behavior? Thousands of entries over hours each can be tied to the black screen flicker lasting 5-15 seconds. Research shows it may be a display driver vulnerability introduced with the latest WIN version, made...
  8. BSOD related to webcam malfunction

BSOD related to webcam malfunction: My webcam no longer functions, and when I leave the Camera app running I get a BSOD after a few minutes. Here is the output of V2 Log Collector ZEBEDEE-(2020-02-06_23-28-40).zip and here is the core dump .020620-11796-01.zip I am using Windows 10 version 1909. 150051
  9. Screen flickering and hardware failures!

Screen flickering and hardware failures!: Recently my computer has been flickering like mad, and reliability history has been spitting out these errors: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎9/‎24/‎2019 2:48 PM Status Not reported Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to...
  10. flickering of screen & freezing action

flickering of screen & freezing action: Surface 4 pro start flickering after use of say one hr & touch / KB does not work thereafter. Hence bound to power off direct. it is just 1.5 yr old....