Windows 10: Screen Freezing up

Discus and support Screen Freezing up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For over a week now, while typing an email or entering text in MS Word, my computer totally freezes up, the cursor disappears, and Ctrl Alt Del doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JanetThompsonTX, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Screen Freezing up

For over a week now, while typing an email or entering text in MS Word, my computer totally freezes up, the cursor disappears, and Ctrl Alt Del doesn't

work to let me close out of what I'm doing. I have to manually shut down my PC and start over, losing everything I was working on.

What can be causing this and how can I fix it?

:)

JanetThompsonTX, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Screen freeze

'screen freeze' is a very vague term.

Can you describe the issue with more detail?

ex: the image on screen freezes, but i can hit the power button and windows shuts down normally, and i can hear sounds in the background.

Mussels, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Screen Freezing up

COD:MW2 , cod4 freeze bug strikes back!!!

Maybe listing System RAM and OS would be helpful too

HalfAHertz, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Screen Freezing up

1. Screen Freezing up - Similar Threads - Screen Freezing

2. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  3. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  4. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze: As title, my pc crashes almost once every day I use it, sometimes it just freezes without blue screen, and other times it crashes with different errors, my most recent one being unexpected kernel mode trap seen it a few times before. The worst crash I had is during a gaming...
  5. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze: As title, my pc crashes almost once every day I use it, sometimes it just freezes without blue screen, and other times it crashes with different errors, my most recent one being unexpected kernel mode trap seen it a few times before. The worst crash I had is during a gaming...
  6. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

7. My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...: When I launch applications like Discord or Steam, they will cause both of my monitors to go black and my computer to briefly freeze before finally opening. And when I try to launch some videogames, like Fortnite, Overwatch 2, or Red Dead Redemption 2 it will do the same...
  8. My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...

My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...: When I launch applications like Discord or Steam, they will cause both of my monitors to go black and my computer to briefly freeze before finally opening. And when I try to launch some videogames, like Fortnite, Overwatch 2, or Red Dead Redemption 2 it will do the same...
  9. Windows 11 PC randomly freezes without blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC randomly freezes without blue screen: Hello,My laptop is suffering a serious situation that affect me quite a lot. This problem only occurs when my computer only running on discrete GPUcalled "dGPU direct connection mode" in my computer. Whether I am playing games, writing documents, or even just on hook, the...
  10. Windows 11 PC randomly freezes without blue screen

Windows 11 PC randomly freezes without blue screen: Hello,My laptop is suffering a serious situation that affect me quite a lot. This problem only occurs when my computer only running on discrete GPUcalled "dGPU direct connection mode" in my computer. Whether I am playing games, writing documents, or even just on hook, the...