Windows 10: Screen Freezing

Discus and support Screen Freezing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My screen keeps freezing while i'm playing a game and it always happens when the windows prompt to screenshot or record comes up. When my screen does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DementedMilkChocolate, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Screen Freezing

My screen keeps freezing while i'm playing a game and it always happens when the windows prompt to screenshot or record comes up. When my screen does freeze it's only the screen i can still hear the audio from what i'm playing or if i'm talking to anyone i can still talk to them. I have no idea what the cause is but it seems like it might be windows or something to that extent.

:)

DementedMilkChocolate, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Screen freeze

'screen freeze' is a very vague term.

Can you describe the issue with more detail?

ex: the image on screen freezes, but i can hit the power button and windows shuts down normally, and i can hear sounds in the background.

Mussels, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Screen Freezing

COD:MW2 , cod4 freeze bug strikes back!!!

Maybe listing System RAM and OS would be helpful too

HalfAHertz, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Screen Freezing

1. Screen Freezing - Similar Threads - Screen Freezing

2. Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening: I just switched my pc from an ASUS ROG Strix Z370f Gaming motherboard and 8700k to an MSI MPG Z690 EDGE Wi-Fi motherboard and 13700k. The computer posts just fine, but will freeze or blue screen after no more than 10 minutes. I have tried reactivating windows, updating...
  3. Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening: I just switched my pc from an ASUS ROG Strix Z370f Gaming motherboard and 8700k to an MSI MPG Z690 EDGE Wi-Fi motherboard and 13700k. The computer posts just fine, but will freeze or blue screen after no more than 10 minutes. I have tried reactivating windows, updating...
  4. Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Green screen error on Watchdog violation, watchdog timeout or pc freezes

Green screen error on Watchdog violation, watchdog timeout or pc freezes: IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.22621.3520STACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbEXCEPTION_CODE_STR: 5D9532CBEXCEPTION_STR: WRONG_SYMBOLSPROCESS_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exeIMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exeMODULE_NAME: nt_wrong_symbolsSYMBOL_NAME:...
  6. Green screen error on Watchdog violation, watchdog timeout or pc freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green screen error on Watchdog violation, watchdog timeout or pc freezes: IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.22621.3520STACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbEXCEPTION_CODE_STR: 5D9532CBEXCEPTION_STR: WRONG_SYMBOLSPROCESS_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exeIMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exeMODULE_NAME: nt_wrong_symbolsSYMBOL_NAME:...
  7. Win 11 computer freezes, screen shows colored blocks of pixels.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 computer freezes, screen shows colored blocks of pixels.: The last few months, my computer has been crashing more frequently. It typically occurs when I run a game, but is now happening outside of games.Typically, the screen looks like there are an overlay of rainbow blocks of pixels. This is sometimes the full screen, but sometimes...
  8. Win 11 computer freezes, screen shows colored blocks of pixels.

Win 11 computer freezes, screen shows colored blocks of pixels.: The last few months, my computer has been crashing more frequently. It typically occurs when I run a game, but is now happening outside of games.Typically, the screen looks like there are an overlay of rainbow blocks of pixels. This is sometimes the full screen, but sometimes...
  9. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything: Around a week ago, I started receiving random freezes, which then escalated to crashes, which then further escalated to blue screens while playing a game called VALORANT. This wasn't just while playing VALORANT; it just happened more frequently, and I only received blue...
  10. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything: Around a week ago, I started receiving random freezes, which then escalated to crashes, which then further escalated to blue screens while playing a game called VALORANT. This wasn't just while playing VALORANT; it just happened more frequently, and I only received blue...