Windows 10: screen freezing

Discus and support screen freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My screen will freeze/pause for a few seconds, several times a minute, regardless of if I'm online or offline. I bought this gaming computer with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnthonyLeverington1, Dec 18, 2019.

1. screen freezing

My screen will freeze/pause for a few seconds, several times a minute, regardless of if I'm online or offline.

I bought this gaming computer with Windows 10 Pro already on it so, I have no Windows disks.

Specs are as follows:

HP Compaq Pro 6300

9th Gen i7 quadcore 3.4 GHz

16 GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 ti 4GB video

250 GB SSD primary OS drive

1TB HDD storage drive

:)

AnthonyLeverington1, Dec 18, 2019

2. Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

screen freezing

Screen freeze

'screen freeze' is a very vague term.

Can you describe the issue with more detail?

ex: the image on screen freezes, but i can hit the power button and windows shuts down normally, and i can hear sounds in the background.

Mussels, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

screen freezing

1. screen freezing - Similar Threads - screen freezing

2. Random screen freezes in idle time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random screen freezes in idle time: Good day, on backup laptop I struggle with an UI annoyance after upgrading to 23H2, the screen partially freezes after about 10 minutes receiving no user input. The screen still shows mouse pointer moves but windows and controls don't update to any changes on user actions....
  3. Random screen freezes in idle time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random screen freezes in idle time: Good day, on backup laptop I struggle with an UI annoyance after upgrading to 23H2, the screen partially freezes after about 10 minutes receiving no user input. The screen still shows mouse pointer moves but windows and controls don't update to any changes on user actions....
  4. Blue Screens/Freezing happening at least once in less than 2 weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens/Freezing happening at least once in less than 2 weeks: I owned this laptop ASUS ROG Stix G513RM since November 2022 and I always had this issue of getting a Blue Screen or a freeze on my laptop when starting/restarting or navigating midway.I tried so many methods to get rid of it, like:- sfc /scannow- Memory Diagnosis-...
  5. Blue Screens/Freezing happening at least once in less than 2 weeks

Blue Screens/Freezing happening at least once in less than 2 weeks: I owned this laptop ASUS ROG Stix G513RM since November 2022 and I always had this issue of getting a Blue Screen or a freeze on my laptop when starting/restarting or navigating midway.I tried so many methods to get rid of it, like:- sfc /scannow- Memory Diagnosis-...
  6. PC rebooting randomly. Screen freezes and then goes black with a reboot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC rebooting randomly. Screen freezes and then goes black with a reboot.: Here is 2 event logs- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level>...
  7. PC rebooting randomly. Screen freezes and then goes black with a reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC rebooting randomly. Screen freezes and then goes black with a reboot.: Here is 2 event logs- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level>...
  8. PC rebooting randomly. Screen freezes and then goes black with a reboot.

9. PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.

PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.: So recently in the last month or so my pc keeps getting blue screen'd or freezes randomly, usually right after I boot it up and I have no idea what's going on.I looked up any solutions to the BSOD codes I've got and most of them said that it's because of my drivers.So I tried...
  10. PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.: So recently in the last month or so my pc keeps getting blue screen'd or freezes randomly, usually right after I boot it up and I have no idea what's going on.I looked up any solutions to the BSOD codes I've got and most of them said that it's because of my drivers.So I tried...