Windows 10: Screen Fried after 5 Minutes of Minecraft

Discus and support Screen Fried after 5 Minutes of Minecraft in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I Don't Know if this applies to graphics or hardware, but I was playing single player on Minecraft, when after 5 minutes of standard survival,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by CPmunkedal, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Screen Fried after 5 Minutes of Minecraft

I Don't Know if this applies to graphics or hardware, but I was playing single player on Minecraft, when after 5 minutes of standard survival, Minecraft crashes.(not too important) My screen goes dark, with a white cluster at the top and bottom of it. I have checked my graphics, (I am using my backup temporary monitor right now) and it turns out my primary monitor is fried. What I want to know is why it got fried after something it was more than capable of handling.
    Here's some info about the monitor

Model name: SyncMaster 920ww
    Brand: Samsung
    Model Code: LS19HANKBM/XAA
    Made: March 2007 (This may be why it fried, I got it in 2012)

:)

CPmunkedal, Mar 16, 2017

2. How to set auto logout after 5 minutes of screen inactivity?

I have disabled the screen saver and have set "never" to every God damn thing that had anything to do with allowing the computer to sleep or log off in 5 minutes, but nothing worked. Ever been to the mall and saw that the Apple store is packed while the
    Microsoft Store is a complete opposite? Well, that's because MS has been very dumb for years. Perhaps that's why Gates left. **** MS! Go Apple and Google.

dannypham2011, Mar 16, 2017
  3. How to set auto logout after 5 minutes of screen inactivity?

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I did follow these steps and unfortunately it didn't work. The screen doesn't switch to screen saver mode after 5 minutes, nor does the computer automatically log out.

I double checked that I did follow your instructions correctly.

What would be preventing these settings from being applied to my computer?

Thanks.

CPAusingWindows10, Mar 16, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Screen Fried after 5 Minutes of Minecraft

Yes, age has a lot to do with it. Older ones have/had CFL tubes for back light and electrolytic capacitors, coupled with higher temperatures, capacitors dry up and make a mess of everything else. Unless you overclock monitor (yes, there is such thing) it can't die because of GPU or SW.

CountMike, Mar 16, 2017
  5. Playing the game likely have had nothing to do with it. It just happened to be what you were doing when things went south. Age of the display sounds like the likely reason. It just reached its end of life.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Screen Fried after 5 Minutes of Minecraft

1. Screen Fried after 5 Minutes of Minecraft - Similar Threads - Screen Fried Minutes

2. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  3. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  4. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen Blinks For About 5 Minutes After Each Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen Blinks For About 5 Minutes After Each Update: I have Windows 10, and whenever it needs to update and restart, after logging in, it will show my desktop but with nothing on it, and it flashes for about 4-5 minutes. After that it's like it never happened. This only happens after every couple windows updates or so. Probably...
  6. Workstation keeps locking screen after about 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Workstation keeps locking screen after about 5 minutes: I have a few workstations that after doing a Windows 7 to 10 upgrade in place, the workstation automatically locks after about 5 minutes without any user activity. I looked in the power settings and secpol and didn't see anything that would automatically lock the screen. In...
  7. Screen locks after 5 minutes - common solutions not helping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen locks after 5 minutes - common solutions not helping: I have the exact same problem as Max here, so I repost closed and unsolved question. Hi there, I am encountering difficulty with my screen automatically locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. All fixes I have tried have failed to fix the problem. So far I have tried:...
  8. 5 minutes of Black screen of death

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    5 minutes of Black screen of death: After the defaultuser0 stuff, I've finally to access to my computer. However, the screen would first went black for 5 minutes.Then went back to normal.I wonder what happened...
  9. Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on: Just observed installation of update KB4512508 By Coincidence possibly I am now experiencing a black screen for 5 minutes after signing in My first experience of this I used system restore to go back 2 days and this worked fine. Now the update has installed again and I am...
  10. Blue Screen after about 5 minutes on idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after about 5 minutes on idle: Hi guys, My son has a custom built pc running the latest version of window 10 that has been having blue screen errors after about five minutes on idle. The error codes are sometimes different and I can't seem to track the cause down. I've tried disabling various sleep...