Windows 10: Screen froze downloading Windows 10

Discus and support Screen froze downloading Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Doing the Windows 10 update on my PC and it froze at 62%. It’s been on that same screen for 7 hours. What should I do? Please Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisVan Dusen, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Screen froze downloading Windows 10

Doing the Windows 10 update on my PC and it froze at 62%. It’s been on that same screen for 7 hours. What should I do?

Please Help

:)

ChrisVan Dusen, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

froze screen

Hi,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. Since you can't access anything after it got stuck to 75%, we suggest that you perform a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below on how to perform this troubleshooting step:

• Boot to Advanced Startup Options from a hard reboot. Press and hold the power button on your PC until it powers off and until it powers on.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 above until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait
      during boot. Usually it may take repeating up to 3 times.
    • Select See advanced repair options.
    • Under Advanced Startup Options, select
      Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • If prompted, select an administrator account to provide credentials for approval, type in the password and click
      Continue.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and attempt to automatically repair it.

Please allow a couple of minutes or hours to diagnose your PC by the startup repair.

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Screen froze downloading Windows 10

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Screen froze downloading Windows 10

1. Screen froze downloading Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screen froze downloading

2. My window 11 screen froze on widgets screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My window 11 screen froze on widgets screen: I was using widgets and my screen froze it would not close had to restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-window-11-screen-froze-on-widgets-screen/690f3899-0a37-4cb1-9c78-809a3b00b3d4
  3. My window 11 screen froze on widgets screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My window 11 screen froze on widgets screen: I was using widgets and my screen froze it would not close had to restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-window-11-screen-froze-on-widgets-screen/690f3899-0a37-4cb1-9c78-809a3b00b3d4
  4. Windows froze

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows froze: Hello guys! My computer screen froze and i restarted it. After i did it the laptop screen looks like this and i can t navigate through windows. I can see the cursor up, but i can only use it up there. I have already tried booting in safe mode and entering bios to restore the...
  5. Windows froze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows froze: Hello guys! My computer screen froze and i restarted it. After i did it the laptop screen looks like this and i can t navigate through windows. I can see the cursor up, but i can only use it up there....
  6. Windows 10 frozing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 frozing randomly: Hi I have noticed that Windows 10 freezes randomly after updating or just like that for unknow reasons. The system can works with no problem for few days and suddenly with no warning will start freezing for about a hour or so before starting working again. Any suggestion on...
  7. Windows 10 laptop froze

Windows 10 laptop froze: My ONN 2 in 1 laptop boots up on the DEVICE MAPPING TABLE. TELLS ME TO PRESS ESC in so many seconds to skip. My keyboard must not be working idk but how can I get to any other menu or hard reset if buttons aren't working...
  8. windows 10 froze and buzzing

windows 10 froze and buzzing: my pc froze and buzzing . how can I fix it? Nothing works it just froze and buzzed. I tried shutting it down but it won't work It won't even respond to the touch and keyboard how will I fix it??...
  9. My screen froze using windows 10 in Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen froze using windows 10 in Outlook: I tried to do a "save as" on an attachment to an email and the screen froze. Shutdown of computer does not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-froze-using-windows-10-in-outlook/1482c844-ad86-4ec7-bd19-3a04182ac0ad
  10. Windows 10 install froze?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install froze?: I started my windows 10 update around 10:00 last night. For awhile it seemed stuck in suspend mode (black screen, monitor light orange, computer light still on etc) and I was worried but eventually I got the update screen and it went from 30% to 56% in around 30 minutes or...