Windows 10: Screen frozen by malware indicating security problem on Microsoft Defender.

Discus and support Screen frozen by malware indicating security problem on Microsoft Defender. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Twice recently whilst on AA route planner, screen has been frozen by malware stating that there is a problem with Microsoft Defender and to ring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by doityourselfbadly2, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Screen frozen by malware indicating security problem on Microsoft Defender.

Twice recently whilst on AA route planner, screen has been frozen by malware stating that there is a problem with Microsoft Defender and to ring 02045204858 to receive help. This number is recorded on line as being a known number used on telephone scams. I cleared it first time through a computer company and second time by luck after going on line and following advice there. Scanned with Defender after but nothing found. Any one else experienced this problem.

:)

doityourselfbadly2, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Kim Tiw Win User

windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Windows Defender Fails Malware Test

Naw... I'll just stick by Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully hotfix patched (& current on that note), for now @ least, & doing what I do, to get THIS kind of security analysis score:

Screen frozen by malware indicating security problem on Microsoft Defender. [​IMG]

I never suck in virus' either! The 2 the times I thought I did, the past 15 years now? They were my own fault (running 2 antivirus once, & another I don't know WHAT caused it, or I can't recall specifics anymore) in "false positives"!

Ever since I started implementing a BOAT LOAD of things ANYONE can do, if they take 45 min. - 1 hr. running, or doing:

• BELARC advisor
    • Using some security & speed oriented .reg file hacks
    • gpedit.msc (altering various policies for better security)
    • secpol.msc (hardening default security policies)
    • lusrmgr.msc (hardening default userrights)
    • regedit.exe (registry hive ACL rights)
    • explorer.exe (NTFS rights)
    • Turning off java/javascript & ActiveX/ActiveScripting in browsers
    • Using Tcp/IP ports filtrating (easy to do in IP properties)
    • Turning off Services I do NOT use that may have holes
    • AntiVirus (AntiVir, NOD32, AVG, or Norton Corporate 10.2 edition (my favs @ least - I keep 1 resident, & one other as a 2nd opinion))
    • AntiSpyware program (I like AdAware & SpyBot + use both, 2nd opinion stuff again)
    • SEVERAL AntiRootkit programs (GMER, AVG, BitDefender, BlackLight, Rootkit Buster, Rootkit Revealer, AntiRootKit, Rootkit Hook Analyzer, Sophos - all many doctors opinions from what I feel IS the biggest threat out there now, rootkits)
    • + using a hardware NAT firewall in combination w/ a software firewall (ZoneAlarm used to be good, & the native Windows firewall isn't bad, except for noting outgoing packets)
    • Keeping up on Microsoft security patches to the OS & programs from them I use
    • Being SMART about not opening email attachments & also using TEXT or RTF as my email reading format too
    • After trimming services I do NOT use (& even the ones I don't as well, set disabled or not), I secure them ALL, per this thread:
    Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

• Using adbanner blocking HOSTS files (adbanners have been found to hold malicious code more than a few times the past 4-5 years now mind you)
    *HARD TO BELIEVE ON THAT NOTE OF ADBANNERS HOUSING MALWARES IN SCRIPT & MORE?

CHECK THIS, DATED TODAY 02/21/2007:

Microsoft apologises for serving malware

APC's October issue is on sale now!

*Smile Screen frozen by malware indicating security problem on Microsoft Defender. :)

* YOU DO ALL OF THAT? Yes, You CAN be safe online & use Windows, just takes a bit of work... 1 hr. implementing it all, & maybe another 1/2 hr. testing it (like when you secure services - I did a BIG list, but not every possible service under the sun, because I have not run them ALL!)

MS ships their Operating Systems 'generic' enough to run on anything FULL FUNCTION, right outta the box... this can be its 'problem' too!

APK

P.S.=> Funny thing is though, I don't think we'll EVER be "110% solid secure" unless we go OFFLINE... @ least not for another 5 yrs. or so & then I think we'll be REALLY close @ least!

Microsoft's taking the RIGHT steps, in the RIGHT direction in their apps & OS, & so are other vendors too... this is a GREAT trend!

Heck - funny thing is? Snort turned up a security hole the other day... a program you CAN use to defend yourself... mistakes & oversights get made is all, still now even.

Today? It's the "Wild West" still, not as bad as it used to be in the earlier days/decades, but still 'risky' to an extent... still in the Stone Age guys, you'll miss these days, when they are gone... apk

Alec§taar, Sep 22, 2022
  4. james_27G Win User

Screen frozen by malware indicating security problem on Microsoft Defender.

Windows defender security center problem

When I try to start the windows defender security center the antimalware service executable starts up and uses up to 98% CPU. I have tried to change proxy restart defender and many suggested steps and also went to windows deffender online to do a scan
    that way but no malware came up. The problem still persists. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? I just want my security to run properly but I cant even get to the menus.

james_27G, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Screen frozen by malware indicating security problem on Microsoft Defender.

1. Screen frozen by malware indicating security problem on Microsoft Defender. - Similar Threads - Screen frozen malware

2. Microsoft Defender or Malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender or Malware?: When Microsoft Defender updates I get a blue screen that reads "Do Not Turn Off Comupter. Updating" and I lose control of my mouse and can't shut off from Task Manager. Is this normal or do I have malware appearing as Microsoft Defender?...
  3. Microsoft Defender or Malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender or Malware?: When Microsoft Defender updates I get a blue screen that reads "Do Not Turn Off Comupter. Updating" and I lose control of my mouse and can't shut off from Task Manager. Is this normal or do I have malware appearing as Microsoft Defender?...
  4. security defender problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security defender problem: There are many problems and the are listed as- 1. when i turn on my computer i get a message at startup that execution cannot be done execution script host denied. 2. windows security is not being turned on rather than that it is showing error 1035. 3. gpedit is not being...
  5. security defender problem

security defender problem: There are many problems and the are listed as- 1. when i turn on my computer i get a message at startup that execution cannot be done execution script host denied. 2. windows security is not being turned on rather than that it is showing error 1035. 3. gpedit is not being...
  6. Screen frozen by malware indicating security problem on Microsoft Defender.

Screen frozen by malware indicating security problem on Microsoft Defender.: Twice recently whilst on AA route planner, screen has been frozen by malware stating that there is a problem with Microsoft Defender and to ring 02045204858 to receive help. This number is recorded on line as being a known number used on telephone scams. I cleared it first...
  7. Screen frozen by malware indicating security problem on Microsoft Defender.

Screen frozen by malware indicating security problem on Microsoft Defender.: Twice recently whilst on AA route planner, screen has been frozen by malware stating that there is a problem with Microsoft Defender and to ring 02045204858 to receive help. This number is recorded on line as being a known number used on telephone scams. I cleared it first...
  8. Laptop Security Screen Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Security Screen Frozen: My laptop security screen is frozen with a picture of a mountain and lake. There seems to have been an update but my laptop is now totally frozen and I can't access anything. What is going on - has there been an overnight update which has caused the problem?...
  9. Problem Removing Malware in Windows Defender

Problem Removing Malware in Windows Defender: Recently, I scanned my USB and it found a malicious file. I reformat my USB But according to my Windows Defender its still there, And i tried to remove but it's still coming back, so i scanned my PC it said there were no threats. How can I remove this? because still it...
  10. Problem with Malwares and Windows Security

Problem with Malwares and Windows Security: my pc has 2 viruses and winddows security is sending me messages that "your pc was scanned 2 times and 2 threats were found. click to view more info." But when i click on it, it takes me to windows security and a message in middle screen pops up which says that "you need to...