Windows 10: Screen Frozen on "Preparing Automatic Repair"

Discus and support Screen Frozen on "Preparing Automatic Repair" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello: After updating my drivers, the bluescreen appeared. I powered off hoping for the "automatic Repair" to work however the screen has not moved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MeantTapestry30, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Screen Frozen on "Preparing Automatic Repair"

Hello:

After updating my drivers, the bluescreen appeared. I powered off hoping for the "automatic Repair" to work however the screen has not moved in hours. I have repeatedly turned my laptop off and the same results. How can i fix this?

Thanks

:)

MeantTapestry30, Dec 6, 2020
  2. CDub09 Win User

MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION or frozen Preparing Automatic Repair

Hi - I did the final Windows 10 update and now, I either get frozen on the blue screen of death (stop code: MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION) or after doing the three reboots in a row, frozen on the Preparing Automatic Repair. I never progress past either of these
    two options, so I can’t access Windows for any solution.

CDub09, Dec 6, 2020
  3. IslaAllan Win User
    Preparing automatic repair frozen

Hi

My laptop keeps freezing on the ‘preparing automatic repair’ screen. The loading circle doesn’t move.

i was wondering if there was a way to fix this as i cannot afford a new laptop.

IslaAllan, Dec 6, 2020
  4. msfitnsoo Win User

Screen Frozen on "Preparing Automatic Repair"

"Preparing Automatic Repair"

I updated my Toshiba Satellite laptop including the Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10. I have the "Preparing Automatic Repair" problem.

The "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen is flashing.

I do not want to lose any of the data that I have on the laptop by restoring and reinstalling Windows 10. The laptop initially came with a Windows 7 operating system. Then, it was upgraded to Windows 8 and then Windows 10.

Can you recommend the steps to take for this specific laptop?

msfitnsoo, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Screen Frozen on "Preparing Automatic Repair"

1. Screen Frozen on "Preparing Automatic Repair" - Similar Threads - Screen Frozen Preparing

2. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  3. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  4. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing for automatic repair: At start-up I get to prepare endless auto repair. Reboot with the wireless usb for both keyboard and mouse and it will start Windows 10 smoothly. Plug in the USB and let's go. I updated the drivers and removed the drivers, but still can't get the boot to go with the USBs....
  6. MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION or frozen Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION or frozen Preparing Automatic Repair: Hi - I did the final Windows 10 update and now, I either get frozen on the blue screen of death stop code: MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION or after doing the three reboots in a row, frozen on the Preparing Automatic Repair. I never progress past either of these two options, so I...
  7. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing for automatic repair: How can I fix this one? Any help please. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-for-automatic-repair/8d725a96-d6f9-4d3a-a11b-22c4c3a92e21
  8. Preparing automatic repair frozen

Preparing automatic repair frozen: Hi My laptop keeps freezing on the ‘preparing automatic repair’ screen. The loading circle doesn’t move. i was wondering if there was a way to fix this as i cannot afford a new laptop....
  9. Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair screen.

Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair screen.: Since last night my laptop has been stuck on the loading screen with writing saying “Prepaing Automatic Repair. i have tried turning my laptop on and off again. I have tried activating safe mode so I can go on my computer. I have tried doing a system reset with only my...
  10. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Preparing for automatic repair: hello when i turned on my computer today it started preparing for automatic repair loop. I found my d c and e drives have shuffled. What should i do to exist the preparing for automatic repair ? [IMG]...