Windows 10: screen gets dimmer when changing between programs

Discus and support screen gets dimmer when changing between programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when on chrome it is normal until I go on Microsoft word when it dims down and get yellower it will not go back to normal until I close the program I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by louisoreton, Feb 5, 2019.

1. screen gets dimmer when changing between programs

when on chrome it is normal until I go on Microsoft word when it dims down and get yellower it will not go back to normal until I close the program I have tried restating my pc but failed to solve the problem I have disabled the auto adjust and adaptive brightness, switch it off as I don't use a laptop.

:)

louisoreton, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Nisseeng Win User

After creator update on windows 10 the screen dimmer function is not working sunglasses needed

• Just to clarify, are you referring to a "screen dimmer" app? No the ordinary computer dimmer
    • Did you get an error message? No
    • Were you able to adjust the level of brightness of your computer in Windows Settings? No

Nisseeng, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 5, 2019
  4. screen gets dimmer when changing between programs

Pango Screen Dimmer | Tray Color | Visually Impaired

I have been using pango screen dimmer
    PangoBright screen dimming utility, from Pangolin Laser Systems
    with an HP Z23N turned to portrait mode.

Pango is the only app I know of that sits in the tray and allows keystroke control of the brightness levels. The needed settings vary as the daylight and what's on the screen changes. Other dimming solutions do not offer the same control and flexibility, as far as I know. I went over this in detail after an Unbutu update killed an even better solution a couple of years ago. Developers then could not suggest an alternate or any solution. Not long after that I turned to Windows.

Pango worked fine this am.
    Now suddenly it will not load. I have downloaded a fresh instance a couple of times. Same story, running as Admin and User.

Additionally
    My windows tray has turned to a light color with a fade line running from the center of the tray on the left to a bit short of dead center. See the bottom of the screen print below

I am wondering if a Window 10 update squirreled the app and altered the tray colors?

Any fixes? Alternates?

screen gets dimmer when changing between programs [​IMG]

mikeincousa, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

screen gets dimmer when changing between programs

1. screen gets dimmer when changing between programs - Similar Threads - screen gets dimmer

2. Youtube and game audio levels changing when tabbing between programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube and game audio levels changing when tabbing between programs: I've noticed that both games and browsers Opera GX and Microsoft Edge are the ones I've tested will have their sound changed drastically if I'm tabbed away from that program. It makes game audio basically muted if I tab away, but also makes any youtube video way louder if I...
  3. Youtube and game audio levels changing when tabbing between programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube and game audio levels changing when tabbing between programs: I've noticed that both games and browsers Opera GX and Microsoft Edge are the ones I've tested will have their sound changed drastically if I'm tabbed away from that program. It makes game audio basically muted if I tab away, but also makes any youtube video way louder if I...
  4. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  5. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  6. Changing screens when traveled between home and office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing screens when traveled between home and office: Dear fellow digitals,Due to the covid thingie we now have the possibility to work one day at home and anohter at the office.The setup I use contains a laptop, a docking station USB-C for laptop + 2DP for two screens and two additional screensMy setup in office is always like...
  7. Changing screens when traveled between home and office

Changing screens when traveled between home and office: Dear fellow digitals,Due to the covid thingie we now have the possibility to work one day at home and anohter at the office.The setup I use contains a laptop, a docking station USB-C for laptop + 2DP for two screens and two additional screensMy setup in office is always like...
  8. Changing screens when traveled between home and office

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Illusive screen dimmer issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Illusive screen dimmer issue: [ATTACH] As far as I can tell my computer is not running any screen dimming, night light, eye care, etc programs. But when I full screen apps, sometimes, there is a ghosted slightly lighter area at the bottom of the screen where the windows taskbar is. Also when I use...
  10. Programs change default screen when in standby.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Programs change default screen when in standby.: Hi ! I'm running on Windows 10 and my graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 660. I've got three screens: Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor (connected on DisplayPort) LG FLATRON W1934S (connected on DVI) Wacom tablet (connected on HDMI) Screen 2 and 3 are set to extend the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen gets dimmer