Windows 10: Screen gets stuck on 'open windows' view

Discus and support Screen gets stuck on 'open windows' view in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 3 times in the past 2 days, when I swipe up with 3 fingers on the touchpad to view my open windows it sticks like that. I am unable to do anything. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HarryRichards1, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Screen gets stuck on 'open windows' view

3 times in the past 2 days, when I swipe up with 3 fingers on the touchpad to view my open windows it sticks like that. I am unable to do anything. The only way I found around it is by holding the power key until the laptop switches off (I know this probably doesn't do the system much good).

Any help is appreciated

:)

HarryRichards1, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Law-II Win User
    Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Apr 4, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Screen gets stuck on 'open windows' view

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Screen gets stuck on 'open windows' view

1. Screen gets stuck on 'open windows' view - Similar Threads - Screen gets stuck

2. Screen stuck on getting windows ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen stuck on getting windows ready: i updated and shut down when ethernet was unplugged. then i realized it and replugged the ethernet. now the screen is stuck on getting windows ready. did the ethernet have something to do with it? What do I do?...
  3. Opening Windows View

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Opening Windows View: Dear Sir, When I used to open Windows 10 I would get pictures of mountains, bridge etc., That has suddenly stopped coming please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-windows-view/790dbfb5-a8b4-4f46-95ee-19e8b7389d42
  4. Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !: I have a shortcut on my desktop to "APPS" ( every app on my computers) so that I do not have to go to the START screen. I want it to always open in the "list" view but it defaults to icons. I have tried opening as administrator, looking in "Files and Folders " for a solution...
  5. resizing window...stuck in full screen view

in Windows 10 Customization
    resizing window...stuck in full screen view: Windows 10. I can only minimise a window to an icon or max it to full screen...no in between https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resizing-windowstuck-in-full-screen-view/9a2d1ae3-f0c6-4db0-8da6-f7fbecfbfe01
  6. Get stuck in task view with gestures

Get stuck in task view with gestures: When I use gestures (4 finger swipe up) to get to task view and see all applications, I cannot get out of it. Swipe down, clicking on a window, nothing will get me out of that view which renders my computer frozen for about 1 minute until the view closes on its own. My...
  7. Stuck in Task View

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Task View: So i'm running windows 10 and it should be noted that i sue a razer synapse where one button is to go to task view. However it had been working fine for 2 months. Very recently my pc would be working fine for a long time, i'll be using task view no problem. Then i'd go to...
  8. Stuck in Task View

Stuck in Task View: Some how I am in Task view. No Idea Why. or How ! Change all multitasking settings to off, as that is what I am in "multitasking" even though I am not. How do I get back to my normal desktop View ?...
  9. window screen view

window screen view: How do I keep my background window settings as my view screen. Since the Win 10 update only the window tile screen will stay up. The windows toggle button also no longer switches screen....
  10. Getting stuck at the login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting stuck at the login screen: A new issue seems to have appeared on a fairly recent clean install of Windows. This is a UEFI install from USB using the most up to date Anniversary Update. It had been working perfectly for a month or so but over the last few days I have noticed on boot up a rather long...